Creative Trades

reiks12

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Eloy is worth more than Realmoto, but I agree Robert or Cease (plus others) would need to be in the trade.

Oh yeah, he's absolutely worth more.  Doesn't mean the Marlins wouldn't ask for him though.  If Kopech hadn't gotten hurt, they'd ask for him too.

9 minutes ago, Baker said:

I’d say Clint Frazier is a much better prospect than Zach. Ellsbury has to be better than Engel. Decent outfield for now, Eloy-Ellsbury-Clint. Only $20M/yr for the whole group. 

Ellsbuy may be better than Engel, but that’s a low bar to cross and doesn’t account for the $45M difference in salary over the next two seasons.

With Camargo relegated to a utility role, now would be good time to check in with the Braves on him.

Send LuBob, Yolmer and Nicky D to Braves for Camargo and Bryse Wilson.

Sign another Bryce for $375M/10, Pollock $50M/2, and Eovaldi $48M/3

Quite and increase in expenditure, but the lineup is potent and a lot of potential in the rotation as well.

1. CF Pollock

2. 3B Camargo

3. RF Harper

4. 1B/DH Abreu

5. LF Eloy

6. 2B Moncada

7. DH/1B Palka

8. C Castillo

9. SS Anderson

Rotation:

1. Rodon

2. Lopez

3. Eovaldi

4. Giolito

5. Wilson

Bench: Leury/Rondon/Seby

Bullpen: lots of strong young arms, sign a veteran to help stabilize.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I want the Sox to stay far away from the acquiring Realmuto. Not worth it!!

and I’d cry if the Sox traded Robert for Carmargo. 

Hahn made it very clear they won’t be making moves Iike that in his presser yesterday.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

4 hours ago, Whitesox27 said:

What is so special about Camargo and Wilson? I think I'd much rather take a gamble on Robert's upside unless I'm missing something.

The word you used is gamble, for as good as Robert's tools are, he's a high risk/high reward type of guy and on top of that he's not been able to stay healthy. Camargo is already a 3-4 WAR switch hitter with above average bat and plus defender at both short and third base, cost controlled for next 5 years. Wilson is a projectable #3 type starter who debuted at 20 years old. You get 2 young players who are ready to contribute now for the upside/risk of Robert. Also if you sign Harper long term you have one less OF spot to worry about.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

Assuming we get neither Harper or Machado. Sign Happ 3/$42m, 

White Sox get: Haniger, Seager no $
Mariners get: Rutherford, Dunning, Rivera

White Sox get: Greinke, Peralta, no $
Diamondbacks get: Basabe and Stephens

Do both of those and your payroll goes up about $55m but you add anywhere from 12 to 18 WAR. Then you also have a corner OF/DH logjam with Hanniger, Peralta, Jimenez, Palka

RF Haniger
LF Peralta
1B Abreu
DH Jimenez
3B Seager
CA Castillo
2B Moncada
SS Anderson
CF Engel

SP Greinke
SP Rodon
SP Lopez
SP Happ
SP Giolito

CL Colome
RP Jones
RP Fry
RP Burr
RP Hamilton
RP Bummer
RP Ruiz

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Eloy is worth more than Realmoto, but I agree Robert or Cease (plus others) would need to be in the trade.

I think the Marlins are going to be sadly underwhelmed with what they'll be offered.  Can't see teams giving up top 5 prospects honestly.  Maybe the Astros...that's about it.

If we do end up signing Harper or Machado, we are competing now. Doesn't make sense to wait 2 years and waste $70 millions of star salary to wait on Robert, who has the biggest variance of ceiling and floor of anyone in our farm. Of course, if we don't sign them it's a moot point.

3 hours ago, striker said:

Assuming we get neither Harper or Machado. Sign Happ 3/$42m, 

White Sox get: Haniger, Seager no $
Mariners get: Rutherford, Dunning, Rivera

White Sox get: Greinke, Peralta, no $
Diamondbacks get: Basabe and Stephens

Do both of those and your payroll goes up about $55m but you add anywhere from 12 to 18 WAR. Then you also have a corner OF/DH logjam with Hanniger, Peralta, Jimenez, Palka

RF Haniger
LF Peralta
1B Abreu
DH Jimenez
3B Seager
CA Castillo
2B Moncada
SS Anderson
CF Engel

SP Greinke
SP Rodon
SP Lopez
SP Happ
SP Giolito

CL Colome
RP Jones
RP Fry
RP Burr
RP Hamilton
RP Bummer
RP Ruiz

I would do the second trade in a heatbeat.  The first trade just gives me a little pause because I'm not a big Seager fan...Hanniger though would be a great pickup.  

14 hours ago, Wanne said:

I think the Marlins are going to be sadly underwhelmed with what they'll be offered.  Can't see teams giving up top 5 prospects honestly.  Maybe the Astros...that's about it.

It’s rumored the Yankees would do Gary Sanchez straight up for him.  If that’s the case, I think the Marlins will do much better here than with their other trades.