Jump to content
reiks12

Creative Trades

Recommended Posts

I wanted to make a thread focused on trades that can help the big league club for 2019 and beyond. Obviously everyone is excited about the FA market and who we might possibly grab however we can also use our minor league depth to acquire players that will help our team going forward.

For instance the Reds have a logjam at 3b with Suarez playing at an allstar level and Senzel looming. Where will Senzel play? The Reds announced he will be playing multiple positions in 2019. 

What if The Sox swooped in and offered for either Suarez or Senzel? Both would be a good option as Suarez is signed thru 2024 and Senzel is still on a minor league contract. With the White Sox OF depth I can see some interesting trade possibilities.

I am awful with trade suggestions, but obviously we would be losing some blue chip prospects. I can see two of Robert, Gonzalez, Rutherford and one of Dunning, Hansen being included. 

What would you offer, or would you? What other creative trades could be made?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as a trade does, I only have a few untouchables:

- Eloy, Kopech, Cease, Robert, and Madrigal.

Everyone else is available in the right deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

As far as a trade does, I only have a few untouchables:

- Eloy, Kopech, Cease, Robert, and Madrigal.

Everyone else is available in the right deal.

At this stage I’d substitute Moncada for Madrigal but I agree on the others, although I guess if Colorado offered Arenado for Dunning, Robert and another prospect AND Arenado was open to an extension, I’d have an easy time saying goodbye to Robert.

Edited by soxfan49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Kiermaier is someone I've thought about as interesting. He's the only thing on the books for the Rays and had an awful year. I'd be curious what the Rays would want for him. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle Seager is another one if the Mariners kick in a bunch of cash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Kevin Kiermaier is someone I've thought about as interesting. He's the only thing on the books for the Rays and had an awful year. I'd be curious what the Rays would want for him. 

Yes please! Gold Glove defensive CF that can hit/run when he can somehow stay on the field. If he can be had for anything cheap we should be all over it as a replacement to Engel. 

 

Anyway, I'm on board with looking at the Reds 3b options, but last year they were moving Senzel around (prior to his injury if I recall). I'm sure there not in a rush to trade him. Maybe a trade involving Rodon as our centerpiece for their Senzel? I'm not sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign Harper, then trade Madrigal, Gonzalez, and Rutherford for Senzel. Future outfield would include 3 of Harper/Eloy/Robert/Basabe/Adolfo/Walker with 1 at DH, and we’d have our third basemen of the future. Not sure if the Reds would accept that though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Kevin Kiermaier is someone I've thought about as interesting. He's the only thing on the books for the Rays and had an awful year. I'd be curious what the Rays would want for him. 

I like this idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Kevin Kiermaier is someone I've thought about as interesting. He's the only thing on the books for the Rays and had an awful year. I'd be curious what the Rays would want for him. 

 

13 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Sign Harper, then trade Madrigal, Gonzalez, and Rutherford for Senzel. Future outfield would include 3 of Harper/Eloy/Robert/Basabe/Adolfo/Walker with 1 at DH, and we’d have our third basemen of the future. Not sure if the Reds would accept that though.

Good choice. I am not down with trading prospects at this time . too early. Many still have to show they can be good in AA . Then they will be worth more going forward or give us the option of using them in the rebuild. I'd never trade Madrigal ,Gonzales and Rutherford for Senzel.  3 guys who could be quality ballplayers for one who

could be ? No. We don't even know what we really have in those 3 yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

 

Good choice. I am not down with trading prospects at this time . too early. Many still have to show they can be good in AA . Then they will be worth more going forward or give us the option of using them in the rebuild. I'd never trade Madrigal ,Gonzales and Rutherford for Senzel.  3 guys who could be quality ballplayers for one who

could be ? No. We don't even know what we really have in those 3 yet.

I get where you're coming from but I wouldn't put Senzel in the same category as those 3. He's pretty close to the Vlad/Eloy tier of prospects. I don't even know if Madrigal/Gonzalez/Rutherford is a fair offer for him. But I understand why you wouldn't want to trade prospects in the first place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phillies are the team I would target a trade with...Odubel Herrera, Maikel Franco, and Nick Williams all interest in me. Depending on who they sign taking on Carlos Santana’s contract could help in negotiations. 

Jake Lamb, and to a lesser degree Socrates Brito, from the Dbacks are interesting. 

Also don’t hate the idea of Wil Myers depending on price.

 

In any and all negotiations Eloy, Kopech, Cease and Robert aren’t on the table. Really don’t want to give up Dunning, Collins, Hansen or Rutherford either but they can be had depending on who’s coming back 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bandied about a Rodon and Rutherford for Senzel deal earlier in the offseason, but Senzel is going to play LF for the Reds and I doubt he's going anywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I bandied about a Rodon and Rutherford for Senzel deal earlier in the offseason, but Senzel is going to play LF for the Reds and I doubt he's going anywhere. 

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said this elsewhere but I'll put it here too:

Sox get: Nick Senzel
Mets get: Yoan Moncada, 2nd prospect from Sox
Reds get: Noah Syndergaard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Buehrlesque said:

I said this elsewhere but I'll put it here too:

Sox get: Nick Senzel
Mets get: Yoan Moncada, 2nd prospect from Sox
Reds get: Noah Syndergaard

 

Bad deal for Mets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Dunning, Hansen, Rutherford for Senzel. Who says no?

The Reds.

I had a Senzel trade in my Offseason Plan, and it was Cease, Burger, and Hansen. Although as someone pointed out, Burger doesn't make a ton of sense for the Reds, because they would still have India blocking Burger. So swap out Burger for Gonzalez, or Rutherford, or Adolfo, or Walker. 

Either way, I can't see the Reds giving up a top 5 hitting prospect in Senzel without getting a blue chip pitching prospect like Kopech or Cease in return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1B/3B/DH Matt Davidson & RHP Nate Jones to the Rockies for OF Raimel Tapia* & LHP Breiling Eusebio

UT Yolmer Sanchez# & C Welington Castillo# to the Rockies for Jon Gray

OF Avisail Garcia to the Phillies for LHP David Parkinson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beautox said:

UT Yolmer Sanchez# & C Welington Castillo# to the Rockies for Jon Gray

Is it just a running joke now to pretend that the Rockies are trying to give Jon Gray away for nothing? Is this just being meme'd to death by Soxtalk?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×