Mariners front office accused of racism

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, raBBit said:

I like how he puts "thread derailed" before he posts as if it excuses his unnecessary racist tirade  

Fixed it for you.  

Caulfield please be careful- nobody wants the thread closed because of random, stream-of-consciousness tangents.  We love you, but that stuff doesn’t belong here in a fine-line, filibuster-style thread, shortly after the filibuster closed.  

MOD audition over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Deliberately injecting an (at best) controversial political opinion into this thread was supposed to accomplish what exactly?

The poster posted one possible fallout from this and I posted the counter point. There were no political opinions made. Don't try and drag others down with you. 

I think with the MLB investigating this I hope there are repercussions for all involved should one be found to be lying. Too often these type of allegations are found to be false then the person who made them walks away scott free.

Here allegations are very specific. I don't think they are true going off Dipitio history but if they are he should pay the price.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I think with the MLB investigating this I hope there are repercussions for all involved should one be found to be lying. Too often these type of allegations are found to be false then the person who made them walks away scott free.

Here allegations are very specific. I don't think they are true going off Dipitio history but if they are he should pay the price.

More often they are true and buried with the offenders walking away scot-free.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

More often they are true and buried with the offenders walking away scot-free.

Exactly. To believe otherwise is to believe most people would flippantly throw away their careers and put a giant target on their back for others to hit. That just doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Exactly. To believe otherwise is to believe most people would flippantly throw away their careers and put a giant target on their back for others to hit. That just doesn't make any sense.

Statistically it isn't even close. Something between 10 to 20 true reports for every potential false one.

2 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

Rabbit, you are king at getting threads shutdown.  You can't help yourself.

What did I do? Put me on block if you have a problem. I didn't break any rules and I didn't do anything to get this thread shut down. 

Edited by raBBit

26 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Statistically it isn't even close. Something between 10 to 20 true reports for every potential false one.

Could you provide your source on this? With range like that you know it has to be a valid report.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, raBBit said:

What did I do? Put me on block if you have a problem. I didn't break any rules and I didn't do anything to get this thread shut down. 

I don’t block people.  You just always have your subtle comments that are suspect at best.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pettie4sox said:

I don’t block people.  You just always have your subtle comments that are suspect at best.

And you have your blatant comments that are offensive at best. I dont follow you around pestering you for it. And for someone supposedly concerned with threads being closed you sure have no problem derailing them without any specific points to your claims.

8 minutes ago, raBBit said:

And you have your blatant comments that are offensive at best. I dont follow you around pestering you for it. And for someone supposedly concerned with threads being closed you sure have no problem derailing them without any specific points to your claims.

I lurk mostly but your post warranted a reply. You are one of the more prominent posters on this site.  It’s only natural that it may seem people follow you around.  I can count on one hand the times we have engaged.

1 minute ago, pettie4sox said:

I lurk mostly but your post warranted a reply. You are one of the more prominent posters on this site.  It’s only natural that it may seem people follow you around.  I can count on one hand the times we have engaged.

I don't post anywhere near as much as I used to. We have engaged more often than you realize. I don't typically have people coming at me without cause in PHT. I don't think you should drag your personal stuff in here and blame others for derailing the thread while you derail the thread. 

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I don't post anywhere near as much as I used to. We have engaged more often than you realize. I don't typically have people coming at me without cause in PHT. I don't think you should drag your personal stuff in here and blame others for derailing the thread while you derail the thread. 

I think you are confusing me with someone else.  I was mia for a solid 6 months from this site.  Now I am derailing the thread so I will let this be my last comment about the tangent and digress.

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am sure that is it.

Or, this is easy to find information that a ton of institutions ran stories about during the Kananaugh hearings and sighted typical false reporting rates of 4 to 8%.

What does that refer to?  False reports of anything in general?

I remember in high school, the making shit up about people to hurt them seemed to be much higher, like around 90% of malicious stories heard.  

Glad to see it goes down to a respectable 4-8% once we turn 18! 👍

21 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

What does that refer to?  False reports of anything in general?

I remember in high school, the making shit up about people to hurt them seemed to be much higher, like around 90% of malicious stories heard.  

Glad to see it goes down to a respectable 4-8% once we turn 18! 👍

If it were 90% in reality, we'd all know it.

There's a pretty significant difference between gossip/rumors in high school or middle school and actionable discrimination/sexual harassment civil court cases with monetary judgments attached.

How often are there lifetime career/life consequences for something we simply SAY in high school?  I'd say it's pretty rare.

Edited by caulfield12

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Deliberately injecting an (at best) controversial political opinion into this thread was supposed to accomplish what exactly?

This is why you guys can't have the Filibuster. No one wants to moderate this bullshit. Couldn't even get through one page.

Edited by Eminor3rd

What's wrong with the following two statements:

1. We should assume the person accusing superiors of harassment has a valid point until proven otherwise

2. We should assume Dipoto et al. are innocent until proven guilty by an MLB investigation

These things are not mutually exclusive people. If they were mutually exclusive, the entire justice system of trial by jury would fall apart. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

That’s not a political opinion that’s a possible outcome of this situation. If this prompts more women to come forward with similar stories the MLB will have to respond to it all. They’re not the NFL, they will hire a PR firm and they will handle it up front. Probably some job initiative involved. 

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

That’s not a political opinion that’s a possible outcome of this situation. If this prompts more women to come forward with similar stories the MLB will have to respond to it all. They’re not the NFL, they will hire a PR firm and they will handle it up front. Probably some job initiative involved. 

As soon as the word "preference" was used...it became a political opinion, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

Not to mention that MLB already has a system in place where women/minorities have to at least be granted interviews for positions like manager or GM if they are suitably qualified to redress the historical imbalances.  That's not imposing an outcome on the final decision.  There's a clear distinction at play here.

Everything else is speculation or extrapolation.

Edited by caulfield12

The trust you put in her statements shifts quite a bit if she was fired after making these complaints through internal channels. It wouldn't be rational to make these claims after you're fired in general, but sometimes people get pissed off when they're fired. But if she was fired because she tried to do this privately, it only makes sense she'd try to put them on blast now.

• Quin locked this topic