Diaz traded, where is hahn?

whitesoxbrad

2 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

We won 62 games last year, I am sure we could find him some at bats, if he is good enough for Houston i think he is good enough for us

Houston is probably going to lose their high-end utility guy.  We have a better, $5M reserve IF in Yolmer plus an interesting kid in Rondon.  There is no fit here for us.

31 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

It's not opinion. He clearly threw out some facts in his stats.

What stats, 1 stat, by a few points, Diaz has a better ops, hr., Batting ave. , less strikeouts, all I was saying was he would have been a positive pick up without giving  up anything, we need to improve our major league team, and he would have been an improvement for the whitesox.

3 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

What stats, 1 stat, by a few points, Diaz has a better ops, hr., Batting ave. , less strikeouts, all I was saying was he would have been a positive pick up without giving  up anything, we need to improve our major league team, and he would have been an improvement for the whitesox.

We probably have more need for the guy Diaz was traded for than for Diaz himself. 

13 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

No offense, but reserve infielder should be amongst the lowest of priorities to improve this team.  We have a couple capable options and any potential upgrade would represent diminishin returns.  We have much bigger fish to fry and should be allocating our resources to those spots.

1 hour ago, whitesoxbrad said:

We won 62 games last year, I am sure we could find him some at bats, if he is good enough for Houston i think he is good enough for us

Are we going to have to go through this every time a free agent signs or a guy gets traded ? Yes our roster sucks and many many guys that sign with other teams or get traded might fit us . That doesn't mean Hahn is a sleep at the wheel . It just means there are 29 other teams that will be making moves We can't moan about everyone other teams get and we don't .  It's a total meathead reaction.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Are we going to have to go through this every time a free agent signs or a guy gets traded ? Yes our roster sucks and many many guys that sign with other teams or get traded might fit us . That doesn't mean Hahn is a sleep at the wheel . It just means there are 29 other teams that will be making moves We can't moan about everyone other teams get and we don't .  It's a total meathead reaction.

Yes.  Yes we will.