Addison Russell

Flash

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Will Cubs fans continue to cheer for him?  They seemed to love Chapman during the their World Series run.

Difference here is with Aroldis there wasn't a person painting a picture.  This is like Ray Rice shit going on here.

On 11/29/2018 at 10:09 AM, BrianAnderson said:

I chuckled to myself when I read the topic because I knew that the response would be just this. As a society we have the tendency to really be social justice warriors and identify people as "good" or "bad". And we naturally want to be on the good team.

Now don't let that previous paragraph be misconstrued as support for Addison Russell or for trading for him, however it's just funny to me that we are so dismissive of Russell and act like the rest of the team are saints and loving, devoted husbands blindly. They may not be beating their wives but I have been to many a bar where Sox players have frequented and I'll just say the large majority are not choir boys. Why or how we decide how much abuse is fine for us to be a fan of players is bizarre to me. Again this is not me advocating for Russell, but think it's crazy to think a 24 year old person with the right guidance and counseling couldn't change.

All that being said. I'd CONSIDER Russell for 3B based on many factors. I wouldn't open the door without consequences - however I would at least do due diligence. if you have boundaries and rules in place and he abides -- then I don't see why you don't consider.

You're so deep and insightful. No need to draw a line in the sand for we are all sinners. 

• Like 4