Ald Burke's office raided

southsider2k5

If youd have given me a hundred guesses, I doubt Id said this had to do with Trump.

The fact that almost every newspaper is mentioning it makes me believe that they have been tipped off a little as to the nature of the raid. Whatever is happening there must be some really good evidence, because Burke is about as protected as you can be. 

22 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

If youd have given me a hundred guesses, I doubt Id said this had to do with Trump.

The fact that almost every newspaper is mentioning it makes me believe that they have been tipped off a little as to the nature of the raid. Whatever is happening there must be some really good evidence, because Burke is about as protected as you can be. 

Raids on deutch bank, Burke's office, and Cohen pleading guilty one day after Corsi went and told everyone that yea, him and Stone lied to Congress and Manafort lied to Mueller.   Something is up

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah which is why I wouldnt think it relates to Trump. But I think that there may be something about him using his office to improperly get property tax benefits for Trump tower.

To be fair, the idea that he even is allowed to do tax appeals in the first place seems crazy. 

46 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

One of his money men must have fallen asleep and forget to deliver the monthly envelope.

8 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

Yeah which is why I wouldnt think it relates to Trump. But I think that there may be something about him using his office to improperly get property tax benefits for Trump tower.

To be fair, the idea that he even is allowed to do tax appeals in the first place seems crazy. 

Like Madigan?

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Jenksismyhero said:

Seems like small potatoes overall, but illegal nonetheless. I'm sure he's done this sort of thing routinely in his position over the last 50 years.

It's funny to finally get caught after all this time.  Either he's getting old and slipped up or someone has a bone to pick.  Like you said, there is zero chance he hasn't done this before.

54 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

It's funny to finally get caught after all this time.  Either he's getting old and slipped up or someone has a bone to pick.  Like you said, there is zero chance he hasn't done this before.

My conspiracy theorist side wonders if the FBI/DOJ were going to go after Burger King over the McDonald tapes and then BK said, hey wait a minute, you want a bigger fish?

I'm also shocked Burke was dumb enough to be the guy on the phone with this stuff. Why not use one of the many crooks that work for him? Either stupidity or hubris. Probably both. 

I also thought it was interesting that the wire taps came way before the raids on his office (23 guns btw, wtf?). Makes me wonder if more indictments are coming. That dude is connected to everyone in the city.