Sox acquire Alex Colome For Narvaez

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

well this didnt age well

Lol, well hard to put too much stock into a nobody on twitter with like 75 followers just throwing that out there.  Clearly he was told something, but the way he made it sound the Sox were going to be part of the Cano trade, which obviously wasn't accurate.

Still don't get the Sox reasoning for trading Narvaez for a reliever.  Just sign one.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, well hard to put too much stock into a nobody on twitter with like 75 followers just throwing that out there.  Clearly he was told something, but the way he made it sound the Sox were going to be part of the Cano trade, which obviously wasn't accurate.

Still don't get the Sox reasoning for trading Narvaez for a reliever.  Just sign one.  

No he said the Mariners were making 3 separate trades 

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Like it. Sold high on Narvaez who is awful defensively. Castillo is the starter. I'd be shocked if they signed Grandal.

Can't you go out and sign a reliever like Colome to a 2 year $18-20M deal and not give up something in return?  I don't mind the acquiring Colome part, I just don't love giving up something of value for a reliever when you can just sign one for similar, if not less, money.  

I mean Savala has A LOT to improve on if he's going to be an ML catcher. Narvaez was not special, but he had just come off a 2.1 WAR year (in still limited playing time), has been improving every year and had FOUR years of control. And we got a decent reliever with two years of control?

Bad bad trade, IMO.

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I didn't really read it that way, just that all of these trades would be announced today

anyhow I was just giving you a hard time lol