Non-Tendered List (discussion thread)

he gone.

It feels like more decent players were non-tendered this year than in the past. I figured I'd put a discussion thread to discuss said players instead of having separate ones for people like Billy Hamilton.

List as follows:

Billy Hamilton, Schoop, Wilmer Flores, Shelby Miller, Boxberger, McCann, Robbie Grossman, Mike Fiers, Justin Bour, Hunter Strickland, Matt Bush, Tim Bekcham, Blake Parker, Matt Shoemaker, Kendall Graveman, Avilan, Dan Jenning, Xavier Cedeno, Chris Owings.

I'll start:

Tier One -- pursue aggressively in my opinion:

Matt Shoemaker - I've always liked him and rostered him quite a few times in fantasy baseball. I like his stuff, but coming off forearm surgery. I think he has a real chance if healthy to be like a Bucholz or Fiers, etc. of last year. I'd love to give him a chance. Which leads me to the other pitchers..

Kendall Graveman and Mike Fiers. I'd love to go after 2 of these 3 guys and let them fight it out as 5th starter/long man in the bullpen. Without a doubt there will be injuries, etc.

Bullpen: I admittedly don't follow bullpens as well - but I'd kick the tires on any of our past three guys. If we liked one more than others then why not have a reunion?

Bats: Hamilton intrigues me the most especially with nobody really blocking him or taking time away from any prospects. Other than that? I think Leury and Yolmer are about the same as a Wilmer Flores, Tim Beckham, Chris Owings, etc. So although I do have some interest, not enough to sign. Likewise for a Grossman, etc. I think Hamilton fits because of defense and speed and position, but I'd pass on the other bats.

So in recap: Shoemaker, Graveman, a former Sox bullpen guy if Coop liked them, and Billy Hamilton.