Herm Schneider to become Head Athletic Trainer Emeritus

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That means he is retiring, right?  Reading between the lines here?

I wonder, and I hope. I love Herm, but it is time for him to go. The injury issues with the organization as of late have been bad. It's time for fresh blood. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

You talking about Herm here, or this guys hate for Abreu? I'm confused. 

That the Sox training staff has caused some inordinate amount of injuries. Yes their injuries numbers have been up over the last 15 years, but no they aren't anywhere near bad or the worst teams when it comes to this.  At worst, they are average.

46 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

I wonder, and I hope. I love Herm, but it is time for him to go. The injury issues with the organization as of late have been bad. It's time for fresh blood. 

If were using injuries as a stat relative to the rest of the league, Herm Schneider is the greatest trainer of all time.

• Like 1

If Herm (and to whatever extent the Herm/Cooper combo) wasn't on the southside at the very least you'd have to wonder if KW is still president. They made a much softer landing for that 05 team, and papered over the terrible depth that made them somewhat competitive in 09-12. 

Here is what I found:

White Sox 24th of 30, which 1st is worst.

https://www.rosterresource.com/mlb-disabled-list-tracker/

Sox were 8th lowest in MLB for 2018 in games lost to DL, including having someone almost die on the field in mid-April.

https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/disabled-list/2018/cumulative-team/

1 hour ago, Hot FiRe said:

Fresh blood?? The docs stopped using leeches a long time ago. Dr. Herm The Pride of Rochester NY.