Patrick Corbin signing for 6/$140 million to Nats

DirtySox

1 minute ago, bmags said:

LOL Passan tweets its to the Nats and then Bob Nightengale tweets "Phillies are the favorite to sign Corbin now, with the Yanks steadfast at the 5 year offer".

Now he deleted it.

So close Bob! Truly a great resource.

The same Bob who reported that Corbin signed with the Yankees a month ago

Just now, bmags said:

LOL Passan tweets its to the Nats and then Bob Nightengale tweets "Phillies are the favorite to sign Corbin now, with the Yanks steadfast at the 5 year offer".

Now he deleted it.

So close Bob! Truly a great resource.

He has the easiest gig in the biz probably, just come close enough by combining different tweets from real sources lol

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I don't know what to think of this as far as the Sox go.

I don't think it helps, as it means they'll have even more payroll flexibility if they sign Happ for less money.  With that said, I don't think it really matters.  Just like with the Cubs signing Hamels, if the Phils/Yanks/Cubs are serious about Harper and/or Machado, they knew what they needed in terms of flexibility coming into the offseason.

Edited by fathom

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I don't think it helps, as it means they'll have even more payroll flexibility if they sign Happ for less money.  With that said, I don't think it really matters.  Just like with the Cubs signing Hamels, if the Phils/Yanks/Cubs are serious about Harper and/or Machado, they knew what they needed in terms of flexibility coming into the offseason.

God bless you fathom, you could a negative in winning the lottery.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

How do you figure? If anything, wouldn't they have more incentive to go all-in on Harper or Machado now that the top pitching target is off the board?

Yep, and say Happ goes to Phillies....does that mean Yankees trade Andujar for Kluber and create even more of a need for Manny?

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

How do you figure? If anything, wouldn't they have more incentive to go all-in on Harper or Machado now that the top pitching target is off the board?

If they're not willing to beat this price for Corbin maybe that's because they're being more cost-conscious than we thought?

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Why, exactly?  

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

Philly because even the owner came out and said they would not be outbid and ready to spend stupid yet already failed to land a top target by not outbidding the field.

Yanks because they had a bigger need in their rotation for someone like Corbin instead of Machado, it made sense for them to splurge on the rotation when their infield is pretty set once Didi gets back. I guess it just seems like they're conscious about not spending too much unless prices drop. just my view tho.