Dodgers have reached out about Jose Abreu

Sleepy Harold

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You do NOT move Jose until the Harper & Machado situations have been addressed.

Just throwing this out there as I agree with you.  If they trade him and go big, they put Palka at first, Cruz DH and sign Manny.  Cruz should be cheaper than Abreu and you get some prospects back.  I don’t necessarily like this path though.

Just now, fathom said:

Just throwing this out there as I agree with you.  If they trade him and go big, they put Palka at first, Cruz DH and sign Manny.  Cruz should be cheaper than Abreu and you get some prospects back.  I don’t necessarily like this path though.

I’m fine with that path as long as Harper or Machado bless it.  Can’t risk trading away and losing out on one of these guys.

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m fine with that path as long as Harper or Machado bless it.  Can’t risk trading away and losing out on one of these guys.

Don’t think they would, as god help this fan base meltdown if they trade Abreu for prospects and then don’t sign any significant free agents.

I don't see what difference it makes.  He's a 1 year player.  Trade him if value is offered.  Sox are still in that mode, and will be (or should be) for the next year.

Sox aren't going to be any good next year, regardless of Harper/Machado.

Edited by GreenSox

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I don't see what difference it makes.  He's a 1 year player.  Trade him if value is offered.  Sox are still in that mode, and will be (or should be) for the next year.

What difference it makes is it might piss off Harper or Machado.  You don’t risk that under any circumstance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What difference it makes is it might piss off Harper or Machado.  You don’t risk that under any circumstance.

Don’t be such a pessimist!  In all seriousness, any move with Abreu would be made knowing if they’re going to get one of those guys.  They’re not going to risk losing them because they wanted to to trade Abreu for non-top 100 prospects.

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Sox should be open and up front with them about their plans while recruiting them.
And the plan is that they have about 10 grade A prospects who will be matriculating in the next year or 2, and another 10 grade Bs and with that they will forge a winner  hopefully starting in 2020.  And if they trade Abreu, they will explain to them why they did it.

These guys aren't signing here to win next year.  Or put another way, if winning next year is a priority for them, they aren't signing with the White Sox.

Edited by GreenSox

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

The Sox should be open and up front with them about their plans while recruiting them.
And the plan is that they have about 10 grade A prospects who will be matriculating in the next year or 2, and another 10 grade Bs and with that they will forge a winner  hopefully starting in 2020.  And if they trade Abreu, they will explain to them why they did it.

These guys aren't signing here to win next year.  Or put another way, if winning next year is a priority for them, they aren't signing with the White Sox.

Very true. Harper or Machado would sign with the White Sox because they think the Sox have one of the best chances to win multiple championships over the entirety of their 10 year contract. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 hours ago, GreenSox said:

This.

Certain fans here are completely delusional. This team lost 100 games WITH Abreu last year we have holes everywhere on the roster. Next year we should have a better idea where the holes are and what we have with most of the prospects.

The more capital we can acquire between now and next year the better position we will be when we are ready to compete. I hope these Abreu rumors are true.

Just now, Hot FiRe said:

I'll drive Jose to the airport if this is the offer the Sox get. Bye bye Jose. 

Their rumored offer for Goldie included both Perez and Bukauskas. If they add Alvarez they can keep Perez and Bukauskas. Olney is reporting that that the Astros are down on Bukauskas and are trying to move him in their trade offers.