Dodgers have reached out about Jose Abreu

Sleepy Harold

4 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

Maybe it would make sense if we can trade Abreu and then get Carlos Santana from the Mariners while giving up minimal assets in return. 

Why are so many people interested in Santana?  Rather give Palka a shot at the job full time instead of paying 20 mil a year for Santana

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I just don’t think Abreu has a ton of trade value. Man has a great stick and is paid appropriately for it. Little to no surplus value and limited defensively.

Id move him for Ruiz in a second. But I’d blown away if LAD is offering anything near that. 

I don't disagree with you, but if the Dodgers want him, they aren't going to be able to give up just scraps. Ruiz is probably unrealistic, but C is an organizational position of strength for them, maybe Will Smith could be had. Obviously I'd prefer Ruiz.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Why are so many people interested in Santana?  Rather give Palka a shot at the job full time instead of paying 20 mil a year for Santana

Because he would be our best offensive player and can be had for pretty cheap (in terms of trade value) 

7 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

Maybe it would make sense if we can trade Abreu and then get Carlos Santana from the Mariners while giving up minimal assets in return. 

If the Sox acquire Carlos Santana, I want Mallex Smith to come with him and the prospect return to Seattle reduced as a result. Otherwise, get better production over the same time frame for cheaper by signing Nelson Cruz.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

If the Sox do trade Abreu and don’t sign any big free agents, Hahn’s going to have a lot of fun answering pissed of people at soxfest.

If we go into 2019 with no notable free agents and having sold off vets for (presumably) weak returns, I'd be perfectly fine with somebody other than Hahn being the one to answer questions at Soxfest, and this is coming from one of the bigger Hahn supporters here 

8 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If we go into 2019 with no notable free agents and having sold off vets for (presumably) weak returns, I'd be perfectly fine with somebody other than Hahn being the one to answer questions at Soxfest, and this is coming from one of the bigger Hahn supporters here 

100% agree.

6 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

Why would they want him when they have bellinger? He moving to the OF permanently? Bellinger is better than Abreu. Don't understand this. 

Why play a guy who's a good defensive CF at 1B?

Edited by OmarComing25

Sources:  After the Dodgers missed out on Goldy, Michael J. Duarte (NBC reporter with only 7k followers?) got on the internets and tried to figure out who LA might target now to fill their hole at first base.  He even copy and pasted Abreu's "stats" right there in his tweet.

While the Dodgers might very well be interested in Abreu, this is pure speculation from a wannabe insider.  

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I’m sure you remember, but the Sox loved him in the draft. 

Absolutely. I wonder how he is at SS. I know Dodgers are/were trying him there even though scouts believe he profiles better at 2B.

Edited by SoxAce