Who will be the 1st free agent the White Sox sign ?

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Who does everyone think the 1st free agent the Sox will sign ? We know  Hahn said the Sox will go outside the organization for pitching so there's a distinct possibility of adding a starter and a reliever through FA. There's also the need for a veteran FA catcher or catcher in general. There's also been HR power lost through losing Davidson and Avi. Of course there is also Harper and Machado. You can even use anyone who was non tendered for this.

I will kick it off by saying Nelson Cruz although I think the fastest, easiest signing could be the veteran catcher .

It would be a bit weird to shore up the bullpen with Familia AND Colome when we've let go of a number of our top offensive contributors from last season (granted, that's not saying MUCH).

I guess it's that whole Harper/Machado OR BUST line of thinking that's out there right now...but normally, the bullpen is the last element a contending team will fix before their window of contention opens up.  This would be a bit backwards, unless we're just intending to trade them before 2020/2021.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

F*** it no one else will say it so I will. 

Bryce Harper.

That didn't age well . You literally beat White27 by seconds.

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

Bryce Harper.

Also I might add bold choice considering it could drag on for a bit and signing no one before a whale would suck. But signing Harper early would be amazing.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That didn't age well . You literally beat White27 by seconds.

Also I might add bold choice considering it could drag on for a bit and signing no one before a whale would suck. But signing Harper early would be amazing.

Well at least I beat him :)

No one other than Harper or Machado makes sense for this team for the next month. They should look for pitching scraps in January to fill their starting rotation. They should not really sign anyone for the bullpen as they need to give their kids innings. The only other position they really need someone right now is backup catcher. So if you're not picking Harper or Machado, pick a backup catcher. 

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Well at least I beat him :)

No one other than Harper or Machado makes sense for this team for the next month. They should look for pitching scraps in January to fill their starting rotation. They should not really sign anyone for the bullpen as they need to give their kids innings. The only other position they really need someone right now is backup catcher. So if you're not picking Harper or Machado, pick a backup catcher. 

I would like to see them get in on Eovaldi, but barring that possibility, I think Harper is the guy they are focused on. Tough to know if they’ve kept the leaks to a minimum, or if they really haven’t been really in on anyone yet, but I’m not really sure they really love any of the SP on this year’s market. 

I think it’s Harper, Machado, or bust. 

As it should be.