Jump to content
Tony

Bryce Harper Updates

Recommended Posts

If Theo is serious about getting Harper, he needs to fire Jed and promise AJ Preller the job first. Then trade Heyward,Russell and Chatwood to SD for Tatis Jr. 2 weeks later Preller leaves SD to become new Cubs GM and they sign Harper!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sockin said:

Boras does not care which team gives Bryce top dollar. He won't hold out for the Cubs if there's a team offering him $35 to $40m/year.

I also like that people think Bryce just got assigned to Boras or something.

There is a reason Harper hired Boras. More power to him. Make that money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

If Harper tells the Phillies he's not going there if the Cubs and others offer 400 million, I can see the Phil's being disparate enough to take Heyward. I can also see a team like the Reds who want pitching badly being disparate enough to take Darvish. Wilson Contreras also has trade value. 

Why would the Phillies help the Cubs by taking on Heyward? He's not good and they play in the same league. Darvish and Contreras definitely have some value but I'm not sure who would be dumb enough to take on that Heyward contract. Hell even Darvish contract is pretty tough to absorb for most teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

And then they cant pay Bryant when he is a free agent...

When will he be a free agent?  Just trying to figure out when Harper and Bryant can be teammates on the South Side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

If Harper tells the Phillies he's not going there if the Cubs and others offer 400 million, I can see the Phil's being disparate enough to take Heyward. I can also see a team like the Reds who want pitching badly being disparate enough to take Darvish. Wilson Contreras also has trade value. 

People are going to scoff at this, but I 100% agree that the scenarios where cubs offload contracts fans think are "untradeable" is much closer to reality than we thing. It will cost cubs something, because they truly need as much of the cash off as they can, but if they need to they can do it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

When will he be a free agent?  Just trying to figure out when Harper and Bryant can be teammates on the South Side. 

If he makes it to FA, 2022.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

People are going to scoff at this, but I 100% agree that the scenarios where cubs offload contracts fans think are "untradeable" is much closer to reality than we thing. It will cost cubs something, because they truly need as much of the cash off as they can, but if they need to they can do it. 

 

Package him with Happ or Schwarber and eat $50 mil from the rest of the deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peavy44 said:

Wtf do you guys want him go to Cubs I sure hell don't.

Hell no, I just think they're going to do everything in their power to get rid of some of these guys at the meetings and then make a big offer to Harper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, peavy44 said:

White sox can outbid the Cubs every offer they throw at harper

Just because they can doesn't mean they will

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LittleHurt05 said:

Just because they can doesn't mean they will

Plus....as constructed right now. This team looks like shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

If Harper tells the Phillies he's not going there if the Cubs and others offer 400 million, I can see the Phil's being disparate enough to take Heyward. I can also see a team like the Reds who want pitching badly being disparate enough to take Darvish. Wilson Contreras also has trade value. 

No one is taking Heyward or Darvish without incredibly valuable pieces coming with them.  Like for the Phillies to take Heyward, they’d probably need Schwarber plus Happ or Contreras.  How does that make sense for the Cubs exactly?  And honestly, I don’t think anyone would even touch Darvish at this point.  We really need to stop treating the Cubs like the Boogeyman in these sweepstakes.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

If Theo is serious about getting Harper, he needs to fire Jed and promise AJ Preller the job first. Then trade Heyward,Russell and Chatwood to SD for Tatis Jr. 2 weeks later Preller leaves SD to become new Cubs GM and they sign Harper!

There's a reason your name is The Truth!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

If Theo is serious about getting Harper, he needs to fire Jed and promise AJ Preller the job first. Then trade Heyward,Russell and Chatwood to SD for Tatis Jr. 2 weeks later Preller leaves SD to become new Cubs GM and they sign Harper!

POTY!!!

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleHurt05 said:

There's a reason your name is The Truth!

Never count out #Theo'sLeague 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the cubs eat half of the Heyward and Darvish contracts maybe they get out of those deals but are those players even worth half of their deals remaining.....also need to look if there are no trade clauses in each 

Does moving all of those pieces make them better especially as it will cost any prospects that they have.  They still need pitching on the right side of not only 30 but 35

Unless they attach Baez and/or Contreras I think nobody takes them.

Shwarber and Happ are nice pieces but you aren't taking on tens of milliions of dollars for them.

The Sox should sign Harper to a 3yr $150M deal with 4 annual team options at $25per or a $10M after each buyout and a player out after year 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

White sox can outbid the Cubs every offer they throw at harper

Probably so, but will they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×