Tony

Bryce Harper Updates

3 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

You think Harper will be a 1 WAR player moving forward?

The intended meaning was; $40 Million, for his WAR (Wins Above Replacement), per season....

I've convinced myself we should go all in for Harper. Something like 10 yrs. w/$35M for 1st 4yrs w/opt out after 4
                                                                                                                                           $40M for next 3yrs (w/another opt out)
                                                                                                                                           $30M for last 3yrs.

Total value $350M over 10 years w/opt outs after yrs. 4 and 7.

1 minute ago, Lillian said:

The intended meaning was; $40 Million, for his WAR (Wins Above Replacement), per season....

Oh, well yeah. Manny Machado's $/WAR cost is going to be much cheaper.

The Yankees essentially said no to Harper, the Phillies said they won't wait around long for free agents, and the Dodgers and Cubs have to make money work. If we come in with a big boss deal we can get Harper soon. 

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The Yankees essentially said no to Harper, the Phillies said they won't wait around long for free agents, and the Dodgers and Cubs have to make money work. If we come in with a big boss deal we can get Harper soon. 

That is what im saying we need make nice offer harper now.

9 minutes ago, Lillian said:

War doesn't include organizational value, national attention, team brand recognition, and excitement from the fan base. 

8 minutes ago, Flash said:

I've convinced myself we should go all in for Harper. Something like 10 yrs. w/$35M for 1st 4yrs w/opt out after 4
                                                                                                                                           $40M for next 3yrs (w/another opt out)
                                                                                                                                           $30M for last 3yrs.

Total value $350M over 10 years w/opt outs after yrs. 4 and 7.

Harper is going to want and likely get more than $35M for the initial 4-6 years prior to opt out. 

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If Harper is looking for 10 years, the White Sox being able to use him as a DH could be a huge issue.

Why would it be

1 minute ago, peavy44 said:

I can't read what it says.

Makes sense...

• Haha 3

hey guys, this threads a monster, I'm going to start a new one just on this Rosenthal story.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

hey guys, this threads a monster, I'm going to start a new one just on this Rosenthal story.

Why do we keep starting new threads regarding the same FA???? 

• Like 2