KrankinSox

White Sox "in" on Realmuto

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Don’t buy it, I think we’d simply sign Grandal if we felt Collins or Zavala wasn’t the answer.

Yeah, probably more of a sign that we are in the catching market more than we are actively in on Realmuto.

Seems like he has his bases covered there. I enjoy how that is like the entire NL.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

No thanks considering cost acquisition and how much he wants in free agency 

This.  Marlins are gonna START an offer with Cease or Robert 

Just now, bschmaranz said:

This.  Marlins are gonna START an offer with Cease or Robert 

And he wants Posey money also

This would be the wrong place to allocate the remaining financial resources and, or prospects, after spending a fortune on Harper. Pitching, pitching and more pitching!!!!

Edited by Lillian

As with the Grandal thread, if we're actually "in" on any of these catchers beyond just due diligence, it would be a big statement that this org doesn't believe they can develop Collins and a strong hint that we blew another first round pick in 2016.

33 minutes ago, Lillian said:

This would be the wrong place to allocate the remaining financial resources and, or prospects, after spending a fortune on Harper. Pitching, pitching and more pitching!!!!

Agree.

The Sox really can't start trading prospects because they don't know what they have yet..  Take CF - 3 good prospects, but they don't know which will be good (and their track record  on evaluating such things isn't the best).

I think the Sox try and see if they can low ball them. Let's say the Marlins do it for basabe, sheets and burdi of course you do it. It is unlikely but Marlins have done bad trades before.

If they ask for eloy, cease or Robert you simply say no.

As others said, its probably a check in to see what the asking price is in case we get Harper and decide to go for it. Who knows, maybe they really love one of our guys who we aren't as enamored with. 

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I wonder if peavy44 has heard anything on this.

He has 9 sources and clandestine text meetings.

• Haha 1

Craig Mish hasn’t mentioned anything about the WSox being after him. He’s a great Marlins source. Yesterday he thought Braves were most likely winner. As I said in another thread, I wonder if the Sox would go after Flowers then.

Really curious to see what the price for Relamuto will be. The Marlins have made some weird trades so who knows. I’d throw them an offer of something like Collins and Hansen just to have some skin in the game...I’m sure someone will offer more tho.