White Sox "in" on Realmuto

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Really curious to see what the price for Relamuto will be. The Marlins have made some weird trades so who knows. I’d throw them an offer of something like Collins and Hansen just to have some skin in the game...I’m sure someone will offer more tho.

They wanted Albies or Acuna from Atlanta.  Gotta assume we'd have to come correct.

Only way I see the Sox doing this is if the Marlins take a quantity over quality and we package our 2nd tier prospects like two of Rutherford, Micker, Collins or Basabe and someone from the 10-20 range. Sounds like they're looking for much more though.

Edited by Sockin

1 minute ago, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

That was with one more year of control though. Fangraphs had an article saying a 60 or maybe two 55s would be a fair price now. 

I don't know if it matters what fangraphs says.  They got hosed on Stanton, they got hosed on Yelick, they got hosed on Ozuna deals.  Someone's gonna overpay or that dude's staying in Miami.

4 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

I don't know if it matters what fangraphs says.  They got hosed on Stanton, they got hosed on Yelick, they got hosed on Ozuna deals.  Someone's gonna overpay or that dude's staying in Miami.

Or they make another bad deal and deal him for like a 50 and 3 45s:).

Edited by dominik-keul@gmx.de
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Real said:

watching mlb network and they had some guy on talking about realmuto, I'm sold.  how many years left before he hits FA? is it true hes a 5 war catcher? I want him on the sox

It would have been faster to Google it and find that info rather than make a post about it. The answer is literally in the post above yours. Quit being lazy

Edited by Hot FiRe
  • Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Marlins are totally going to get too greedy and botch this.

I think he's gonna wind up in Atlanta, and they're gonna get 2 pretty prime prospects (Riley and one of the 300 dynamite pitching prospects).  Marlins really need to not screw this one up, probably why they've sat on the guy through the meetings.

On 12/16/2018 at 3:49 PM, bschmaranz said:

I think he's gonna wind up in Atlanta, and they're gonna get 2 pretty prime prospects (Riley and one of the 300 dynamite pitching prospects).  Marlins really need to not screw this one up, probably why they've sat on the guy through the meetings.

Story on MLB.com now say the Braves aren't pursuing him in a trade anymore. 

54 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Definitely seems like the Marlins screwed themselves again. If the Braves aren't pursuing him, who's left? 

I'm glad the Sox did not trade for him. I'd be willing to bet the conversation started with Cease, and in that case I'm glad it probably ended with him as well.

They've been said to want someone that can contribute now so I bet Eloy was the guy they brought up.