Update per Heyman: White Sox one of 3 teams meeting Machado

DirtySox

Just now, fathom said:

Mets, Padres, A’s. I like the way you think though about the Rockies, as it could allow them to trade Arenado for catching and prospects (ie:  Contreras +)

I mean, it’s the Rockies. They may move him to catcher.

Morosi was just on fox sports radio talking Harper and Machado and mentioned there are not many Machado suitors but did link us to him numerous times in his update in regards to him. Didn’t mention anything in regards to the Sox on Harper though. Thinks Phillies land Harper and hinted at the white Sox landing Machado  

Edited by beckham15

1 hour ago, aeichhor said:

Machado really is more of a need then Harper. Ton of outfield depth and guys to sign for fillers now but no true third baseman going forward. 

As long as he will play 3rd base. Not interested in him at SS.

3 hours ago, beckham15 said:

Morosi was just on fox sports radio talking Harper and Machado and mentioned there are not many Machado suitors but did link us to him numerous times in his update in regards to him. Didn’t mention anything in regards to the Sox on Harper though. Thinks Phillies land Harper and hinted at the white Sox landing Machado  

That would be my preferred outcome.

18 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I know it’ll never happen, but man adding Harper and Machado would be so cool. 

Not fond of his attitude, but agreed, not quite a super team but an immediate winner/enjoyable team, super tea down the road

Robert, Moncada, Machado, Harper, Eloy, Abreu, Collins, Palka, Anderson

2 hours ago, Colinski said:

If we are paying him 350mil he plays where we tell him 😝

I don't agree. If he played SS this year and liked it he will make the decision before he signs. If he has changed and will play either, then the team can decide. I don't think any team is going to blow him away w money vs the competition so he will probably choose a team based on his desire.  

There is no way any team will pay that money only to find out he becomes a disruption. 

6 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Not fond of his attitude, but agreed, not quite a super team but an immediate winner/enjoyable team, super tea down the road

Robert, Moncada, Machado, Harper, Eloy, Abreu, Collins, Palka, Anderson

Madrigal, Rutherford, Adolfo, Basabe, Gonzalez, Walker, Burger, Sheets and our 3rd overall pick in 2019 still in the minors. 

I wish more people would put to the side their personal feelings on the FO, Harper, and Machado, and see how huge getting the both of them would be. Instant foundation. Paying $65-$70 mil annually for 2 players will not financially hurt us with the cost control options we’ll have at other positions. If needed, I’m sure a few of these options will be traded for upgrades to fill roster spots. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I don't agree. If he played SS this year and liked it he will make the decision before he signs. If he has changed and will play either, then the team can decide. I don't think any team is going to blow him away w money vs the competition so he will probably choose a team based on his desire.  

There is no way any team will pay that money only to find out he becomes a disruption. 

If he wants to play SS only then I’d rather spend the money elsewhere. 

Just now, AustinIllini said:

I'm surprised the Cubs haven't expressed interest.  Then again, their need to support Addison Russell is crazy town so maybe the screws are coming loose on the north side.

Seen a few people suggest they’re one of the three mystery teams.  I would be surprised though.