Realmuto to the Phillies - Sanchez/Alfaro+ to Marlins

bmags

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Remember when a Realmuto deal was close during the fucking Winter Meetings?

This off-season, man.

I was just thinking this.

Obviously some stuff has happened this offseason, the seattle offloading and mets acquisitions, but all of the actual exciting things have just been a slow crawl of just neverending false starts.

This was in fact how the Q saga went except the sox never committed to trading him before the best deal and obviously that worked out. So you never know.

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hopefully this is plan B for the Phillies cause they missed on the big guys.  What we don’t want to see is Franco included in the deal, unless they also get Prado.

They could also still grab Moose. Add a little salary at catcher with Realmuto, grab Moose at 3B since he will be cheaper than Machado, sign Gio, and hopefully they're the team that signs Harper (if Machado is still un-signed at that point).

Edited by soxfan2014

31 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Man that would be dumb. But it is the Marlins so who knows. I would bet on Chen or Prado though as Castro was good last year.

Yeah, this is their last chance to add major talent to their organization from their fire sale (especially since their returns from the Yelich, Stanton and Ozuna trades look awful so far).  They can't reduce his value by adding those contracts when their payroll is already going to be incredibly low. 

8 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

They could also still grab Moose. Add a little salary at catcher with Realmuto, grab Moose at 3B since he will be cheaper than Machado, sign Gio, and hopefully they're the team that signs Harper (if Machado is still un-signed at that point).

I was thinking they're going to add Realmuto, Keuchel and Kimbrel.

7 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sanchez, Alfaro, and any of Moniak/Hasley/Medina would be a home run for the Marlins.

Phillies getting this done probably increases chances we end up with Joc as well. 

Yep, think this could accelerate Joc trade talks assuming Dodgers keep Verdugo.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, think this could accelerate Joc trade talks assuming Dodgers keep Verdugo.

Still think Kluber is the wild card.  If the Tribe is serious about trading Kluber, the Dodgers are a great fit with Verdugo as one of the main pieces.  

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Still think Kluber is the wild card.  If the Tribe is serious about trading Kluber, the Dodgers are a great fit with Verdugo as one of the main pieces.  

How often do pitchers get traded after reporting to camp?  I can't think of any examples off the top of my head.  Would seem to be a big risk for the trading team since pitcher injuries are common during spring training as they build up arm strength.

Edited by Perfect Vision

• shipps changed the title to Realmuto: Phillies in hot pursuit