Realmuto to the Phillies - Sanchez/Alfaro+ to Marlins

bmags

16 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

What kind of stinks for the Phillies, is that in my opinion, they have had a pretty great offseason, but because of the "stupid money" comment, without one of the Whales, it will be viewed as a failure.  Adding Realmuto, Segura, McCutchen and Roberson are all pretty darn good improvements for the Phillies.  

Still some other guys they can add like Keuchel, Kimbrel and Moose too. This seems crazy to say on February 8th, but the off-season is still far from over.

7 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

Still some other guys they can add like Keuchel, Kimbrel and Moose too. This seems crazy to say on February 8th, but the off-season is still far from over.

Very true.  From a practical point of view ( at least in my opinion) I think Keuchel and Kimbrel would finish out their roster much better than Harper/Machado.  Not that either of those guys wouldn't help, obviously they would help every single team.  But I'd say their offense is a better match for their division rivals than their pitching right now.  I'd say both the Mets and Nats have better rotations, as well as better bullpens.  Adding Kimbrel and Keuchel for 30M or so may be a better investment than spending that money on Harper or Machado.  Obviously that lacks the splash, but it may help more.