Realmuto to the Phillies - Sanchez/Alfaro+ to Marlins

bmags

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

How often do pitchers get traded after reporting to camp?  I can't think of any examples off the top of my end.  Would seem to be a big risk for the trading team since pitcher injuries are common during spring training as they build up arm strength.

Indians don't report until next Tuesday, so still a little time. 

• shipps changed the title to Realmuto: Phillies in hot pursuit

Maybe I'm crazy but I'm not sure I would ever want to give up that much for a catcher. Feels like a position you either make fit with free agents or get lucky with your own prospect (or as other teams call it: player development) and don't let them go.

Realmuto is awesome, but who knows when it all takes its toll. I really liked sixto and alfaro.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

Maybe I'm crazy but I'm not sure I would ever want to give up that much for a catcher. Feels like a position you either make fit with free agents or get lucky with your own prospect (or as other teams call it: player development) and don't let them go.

Realmuto is awesome, but who knows when it all takes its toll. I really liked sixto and alfaro.

I get what you're saying, but he's 27 with 2 years of control left. I'd agree if he were on the wrong side of 30 signed for another say 4-5 years.

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

Alfaro is not good. Tools goof who refuses to make adjustments, and is mediocre as a result. Great at a few things, unacceptably bad at as many others. 

Sixto though. Legit. 

It's interesting that the Phillies were seemingly out on Realmuto and then re-engaged the Marlins, and are now on the verge of acquiring him.  Probably because they weren't willing to include Sixto before and now they are.  Makes you wonder what changed.  Gives some credence to the theory that they may be feeling Machado and Harper slipping away and are changing course. 

Edited by Perfect Vision

Just now, Perfect Vision said:

It's interesting that the Phillies were seemingly out on Realmuto and then re-engaged the Marlins, and are now are on the verge of acquiring him.  Probably because they weren't willing to include Sixto before and now they are.  Makes you wonder what changed.  Gives some credence to the theory that they may be feeling Machado and Harper slipping away and are changing course.