Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

13 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

Why would it be

Because later in his career, he can transition there. And he can "rest" occassionally as a DH the first few years. There aren't a ton of 34 year old OFs playing acceptable OF defense these days.

Edited by Dick Allen

Here's the cold water bucket for the day:

Reinsdorf privately has expressed doubt his team will actually win the bidding for Harper or Machado, according to a source with knowledge of his thinking. But even with the White Sox at least a year away from contention, he is not stopping his front office from engaging in the pursuit of the two stars, and the possibility of a marriage with Harper seemingly is growing more realistic.

and here's the warm buckets of water:

The Cubs and Cardinals are among the other teams not engaged in a pursuit of Harper, according to sources.

• Like 1

Warm buckets

The opening for the White Sox is clear, if they choose to embark upon a new era. The central question remains, Would Reinsdorf really sign Bryce Harper? But perhaps the better question is, How could he not?

Maybe people will consider this as everytime someone doesn't cheerlead the sox to sign someone they cry about how the media hates us.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Because later in his career, he can transition there. And he can "rest" occassionally as a DH the first few years. There aren't a ton of 34 year old OFs playing acceptable OF defense these days.

You said it would be a "huge issue" which I think read to lots of us like you saying it would be a bad thing. I usually don't use the phrase huge issue for things that are supposed to benefit, so I think there was some language confusion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

The first tidbit is not as cold as i thought with that final sentence. Lukewarm

It's true! That's why I included it. 

But it was a nice counterpoint to the confidence of his executives.

But that he may be giving his execs this much freedom may just indicate he's not sure they can win but he did give them permission to get them to the finals to see what it takes.

• Like 1

My source just wrote me an article and i'm posting it here, please don't post it anywhere else.

https://theathletic.com/707254/2018/12/11/rosenthal-the-white-sox-have-the-resources-to-sign-bryce-harper-now-will-they-break-character-and-go-for-it/

Going to slowly move all the old posts to this.

Enjoy your new Harper thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• bmags locked this topic