Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Hey guys, if you were not a white sox fan, would you bet on the white sox signing harper or Machado?

If I wasn't a fan of one of the other teams purportedly going after them I would probably think the Sox have a chance.

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

What? I can't believe this would be true considering he has to be at the Meetings. But apparently this guy is a reporter? Merkin and Holmes follow him.

Unless he met with the Sox brass at GRF prior to the Winter Meetings and its just coming out now, this would seem like BS.

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

On a scale of 1 to peavy, how trustworthy is this?

Dude seems to have zero reason to tweet this/troll so maybe he's right, who knows. It's plausible the Sox brought him from Vegas to Chicago in a private jet

32 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

JD Martinez is a much better hitter than Abreu. He is an elite hitter.  Over 1.000 OPS the last 4 season in a row. Abreu's last 4 season he barely cracked .900 OPS once .Besides I'm not saying not to go after Harper. I want him or Machado just like everyone else. Just saying Boston made everyone else look like idiots  for what they got him for . I also said the contract he signed with Boston would not have worked with us.

We are talking about the time right before JD signed his contract...so the four relevant years are 2014-2017...and Abreu's War in that time was 17 while JD's was 15.5.    I'm not saying you are wrong about JD...I just think the general Soxtalk opinion was to let Abreu walk or sell him for some magic beans....when it seems like he is the guy we should take a chance on for the next three years. He is JD.   

• bmags locked this topic