Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

If I were more of a gambler, and looked at the scenario as it is, I might. Especially if I was given nice odds. But I wouldn't bet a lot.

I've been the low man on Harper all along, and I would say maybe 20% for Sox (which is up from the 0.0% a month ago).  I do think the Yankees are out now and it's a 4 team race.

36 minutes ago, Sockin said:

What? I can't believe this would be true considering he has to be at the Meetings. But apparently this guy is a reporter? Merkin and Holmes follow him.

I know this was last week and not today, but I'm surprised this isn't a bigger deal to some people on here.

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If the White Sox made people who are probably barely making a living wage take a cut to sign Harper and Machado, that would be one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard. I am pretty sure if that was true, my days of being a White Sox fan would be OVA. 

The Sox and other businesses screw people over anyway. I'll take those two and wave my championship banner proudly. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I know this was last week and not today, but I'm surprised this isn't a bigger deal to some people on here.

That guy follows 4,000 people.  People who do that are trying to amass followers.  You know what else people who are trying to get followers do?  Site fake sources and take stabs at breaking news on twitter.  

Just now, maggsmaggs said:

He's only played three games at GRF, and it was in 2016, I would say just due diligence on this part. 

agreed, but that's a pretty noteworthy thing, considering how much people were freaking out about the idea of him even visiting the United Center a few weeks ago

• Like 1

Just now, GREEDY said:

That guy follows 4,000 people.  People who do that are trying to amass followers.  You know what else people who are trying to get followers do?  Site fake sources and take stabs at breaking news on twitter.  

Hes a legit sports reporter though, not some rando twitter account. It's something to pay attention to.

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you think JD Martinez is Abreu then you should be comparing their last 2 years since IS is present tense. I also like Abreu so we're not really arguing about much here but he'd be worth a helluva lot more if his last 2 season were like Martinez'. I also made a mistake on JD's OPS in that 4 yrs.  Sorry about that.

And yes JD has been amazing the last two years.  My only point was that when he was a free agent at the end of the 2017 season it was a reasonable position to say that 2017 was an outlier and he was more likely to regress to the 2014-2016 JD...which was a darn good hitter but non-elite.  I'm not sure what to make of his 2018 season...I'm not sure what the research is on this...but it seems like a very good hitter, when surrounded by a lineup of good hitters, will be better.  Pitcher exhaustion or synergy or something.  I hope/believe it's true...if Moncada is the only "dangerous" hitter in your lineup...the pitcher can bear down and get him out.  But if you have Moncada/Madrigal/Harper/Abreu/Jimenez/Robert/Collins/Palka/Anderson...do they all make each other better?   The dream

10 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Christ, you all thought I was serious? Between all of this shit and Peavy44's nonsense, I just had to be an asshole. I mean, why don't we all just stop trusting our aunt's cousin's friend's dead grandpa and let it play out. Unless Kurkjian, Olney, etc say it, it isn't done.

What's next, an update on where Harper took a piss?

I thought you sold it well.

9 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Christ, you all thought I was serious? Between all of this shit and Peavy44's nonsense, I just had to be an asshole. I mean, why don't we all just stop trusting our aunt's cousin's friend's dead grandpa and let it play out. Unless Kurkjian, Olney, etc say it, it isn't done.

What's next, an update on where Harper took a piss?

I had a good laugh. :D

• bmags locked this topic