Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I wonder if his source with the bad news the same guy who basically said it was a virtual lock Harper would be a White Sox.

Pretty sure he has 2 sock puppets (ones the devil, the other is an angel) feeding him said rumors.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It is. But I think even the most optimistic was expecting a bit more in 2018.  That with Kopech going down isn't good. At least Eloy and Cease were spectacular. Hopefully that can continue.

It’s one thing to be disappointed or even worried with Moncada’s performance, but he was always goto take a bit longer to develop, especially when you consider we kind of rushed him.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It is. But I think even the most optimistic was expecting a bit more in 2018.  That with Kopech going down isn't good. At least Eloy and Cease were spectacular. Hopefully that can continue.

Absolutely.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s one thing to be disappointed or even worried with Moncada’s performance, but he was always goto take a bit longer to develop, especially when you consider we kind of rushed him.

How did we rush him?  The Red Sox had him in the majors the year before........ That narative is just wrong and doesn't make any sense.  I award you 0 points and may god have mercy on your soul

Just now, cjgalloway said:

How did we rush him?  The Red Sox had him in the majors the year before........ That narative is just wrong and doesn't make any sense.  I award you 0 points and may god have mercy on your soul

Why do I care what the Red Sox did?  Yoan had a 28% K rate in AAA.  Not sure if you didn’t notice, making contact was kind of a problem for him last year.  Don’t think it’s crazy to think more time in AAA would of had him better prepared to deal with major league pitching.  But by all means, be a total dick instead of asking what I meant.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

You'll be shocked to know I'm having problems with a tweet, but Craig Mish (great Marlins insider) said on the radio that everything he's hearing is Harper to the Dodgers.

Lol why is this so hard for you?  Click the share arrow on the tweet, copy tweet, paste it here in the dialogue box.  Done

3 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

The Red Sox also rushed him. The White Sox put him in AAA and his numbers were very much not deserving of a callup. He was hitting poorly from the right hand side, striking out too often, injured, and showing that he had bad habits that people were exploiting to strike him out. He had an .850+ OPS in April and May but it declined to .760 in June and July, down to .733 his last 7 games before being called up. It was not the worst case of rushing a player we've seen recently, that's Carson Fulmer, but it was absolutely not a player who could go and write an article saying "Call me up I'm ready". 

2 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

I have heard harper wants to go to cubs he told them make there best offer. He would take 4 year deal to go to cubs. The white sox gotta convince him to come to white sox

Is that what your source said? 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...I don’t even know what a “share url” address, which might be why I’m having the same problem.  Might need to test one out.

All you need to do is copy link and it provides you a url that auto embeds

E01D5BE8-7C55-44A6-BC82-EA6EC3BE538E.jpeg

F855358F-2EAF-478C-B8D4-3877EF253D61.jpeg

2 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

He isn't leaving 300million on the table.  No way he takes a short offer

4 years isn't out of the possibility. He would probably get opt outs in a contract around that time. He would still be a free agent again at 30.

2 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

I have heard harper wants to go to cubs he told them make there best offer. He would take 4 year deal to go to cubs. The white sox gotta convince him to come to white sox

1 minute ago, cjgalloway said:

He isn't leaving 300million on the table.  No way he takes a short offer

I could see Harper taking a short offer if its something like 4 years 160 mil+. That way he would only need to get 6 years 200 to hit 10 years 360. 

It seems completely unlikely for a Boras client though as this really is Harpers best time to get a record breaking deal. 

• bmags locked this topic