Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

1 minute ago, Sockin said:

I'm probably wrong but if they're negotiating now I feel like that might be good if the Sox are still in? Could the Cubs/Dodgers negotiate that well if they couldn't promise anything without a few contingent trades?

They could always move players later but that would hurt the value they get back. Granted, that would be the case prior to a trade I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

"We have TO outbid the Cubs and Dodgers by a lot" or "We have" as in we already did? Your sentences are giving me a brain aneurysm.

Actually, that was one of his more cogent posts. It may not be what he intended, but it was good English. He clearly stated:

"WE have outbid the cubs and dodgers by alot"

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

This seems like good news for us. Obviously, it won't be the main factor in his decision, but we've definitely got everyone else beat on quality talent in the minors...

I don't think it should be looked at like this. They have us beat on the field badly. The minors just show we can get there one day. Us beating other teams minors rosters means nothing, unless that team sucks at the mlb level like us. 

He clearly isn't going to eliminate teams publicly even if there is little chance he signs with them. If it is reported JR will spend huge, even if Harper would take $50 million less, there is no way Boras, or any agent would publicly eliminate him. So really all Boras said is just noise.

Edited by Dick Allen

• bmags locked this topic