Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

Just now, Orlando said:

I am more encouraged now in the Sox chances than this morning. This has been a roller coaster .

Maybe more encouraged, but both are most likely just a bunch of BS. The insiders knowledge this morning was most likely crap, and Boras is playing a game as well. So it should be just as before, but it is why the White Sox, who normally play everything close to the vest, should be skewered if this doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Building a brand? He can do that on the Southside. He comes to us and he is instantly the star. Not gonna be that way in LA, where he'll still be second-tier to Kershaw and probably others.

Don't forget he may get lost with the Lebron hype machine. The Lakers can compete for championships next year if they sign another star. He may also get lost in the Trout and Hollywood love. 

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Maybe more encouraged, but both are most likely just a bunch of BS. The insiders knowledge this morning was most likely crap, and Boras is playing a game as well. So it should be just as before, but it is why the White Sox, who normally play everything close to the vest, should be skewered if this doesn't work.

Yeah he's not really saying too much. He's playing up to everyone in contention for him. I don't think any non-monetary reason is above another. It's about the Benjamins. There's a reason Boras is his agent.

Hopefully Bryce hates LA as much as I do. Seriously, I don't know why it's some sort of trope in our country that people get rich and move to LA, or move to LA so they can get rich. I flew through there the other day and it's easily the shittiest place I've ever been, and I'm in the Army (i.e. going to shitty places is sort of the point, for us).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Hahn has basically stated he is a year behind Kopech. So a September call up seems to be in order if all goes well. 

I think the Sox will have a better idea of their approach with Cease going into ST. If they hypothetically signed Harper then I think we could see Cease a lot sooner.

It's only ten starts, but Cease dominated in AA last year. If he hits the ground running this year and the rotation has an injury or Nova/Giolito are awful I think we could see Cease by the end of May.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Hahn has basically stated he is a year behind Kopech. So a September call up seems to be in order if all goes well. 

Innings will be a big factor with cease. Kopech did kinda start off rough this year but seem to straighten out. If cease continues from what he did last year and doesn't stumble could see him up sooner

5 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I think the Sox will have a better idea of their approach with Cease going into ST. If they hypothetically signed Harper then I think we could see Cease a lot sooner.

It's only ten starts, but Cease dominated in AA last year. If he hits the ground running this year and the rotation has an injury or Nova/Giolito are awful I think we could see Cease by the end of May.

Man, I really hope they don't speed up Cease's timeline just because they signed Harper. I mean, if Harper gets ten years, he'll likely be here longer than Dylan will. Calling the dude up early just because of that would be some impulsive foolishness.

Just now, aeichhor said:

Innings will be a big factor with cease. Kopech did kinda start off rough this year but seem to straighten out. If cease continues from what he did last year and doesn't stumble could see him up sooner

yeah...the innings is my issue to.  Not saying it's the reason why Kopech blew out his UCL...but never know.

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

Man, I really hope they don't speed up Cease's timeline just because they signed Harper. I mean, if Harper gets ten years, he'll likely be here longer than Dylan will. Calling the dude up early just because of that would be some impulsive foolishness.

Whether they call him up June or September, it doesn't really matter for service time. If he's doing great, let him come up and face big league hitters.

Edited by soxfan2014

3 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Hopefully Bryce hates LA as much as I do. Seriously, I don't know why it's some sort of trope in our country that people get rich and move to LA, or move to LA so they can get rich. I flew through there the other day and it's easily the shittiest place I've ever been, and I'm in the Army (i.e. going to shitty places is sort of the point, for us).

He live in Vegas. So that would be about as close to him as he could play.

• Like 1

• bmags locked this topic