Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Does anyone else feel like Boras is basically telegraphing to other teams that the Sox are in the lead and it's time for them to beef up their offers? 

I mean he addressed a bunch of the concerns we have had about the Sox chances.

I think he meticulously crafted his comments so that fans of every team that's in the running believe that they're the frontrunner. 

Just now, Orlando said:

Does anyone else feel like Boras is basically telegraphing to other teams that the Sox are in the lead and it's time for them to beef up their offers? 

I mean he addressed a bunch of the concerns we have had about the Sox chances.

He's not telegraphing anything. He is just mentioning that he won't rule out a team that lost 100 games even if he actually would. He could be using the White Sox to get more from somewhere else, he might love what they are doing, and signing with the White Sox gets  what he wanted.  He and Harper are the ones in the know. We can speculate but you could make a legitimate case either way.  

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Boras really has done a 180 from last season's winter meetings. Amazing what a stud, young player does to your psyche. 

Probably more teams involved this year. Pretty much was Boston and diamond backs on martinez with little other interests

8 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

It's a good point. It seems like we have to hope they aren't able to clear enough space to offer enough

Precisely.  The Cubs and Dodgers might be able to match our offer if they had more payroll flexibility and didn’t have a bunch of positional conflicts.  And if my aunt had a **** she’d be my uncle.  Talk to me when either team has actually done the things necessary for them to make a competitive offer for Harper.

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

9 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Hopefully Bryce hates LA as much as I do. Seriously, I don't know why it's some sort of trope in our country that people get rich and move to LA, or move to LA so they can get rich. I flew through there the other day and it's easily the shittiest place I've ever been, and I'm in the Army (i.e. going to shitty places is sort of the point, for us).

Ditto. You'd have to pay me about as much as this guy is going to get, just to live there. It's a little heart breaking for someone who remembers what a great place Southern California used to be. The fires are just the last piece of the total disaster, that is Southern California. 

8 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Whether they call him up June or September, it doesn't really matter for service time. If he's doing great, let him come up and face big league hitters.

By September if all goes well he could already very close to his innings limit so an earlier call up if he's kicking ass is very possible.

• Like 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

By September if all goes well he could already very close to his innings limit so an earlier call up if he's kicking ass is very possible.

Yes. He's on the same path as Kopech but has fewer innings each year, so he will hit his innings limit earlier than September. 

5 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I was going to say. Sounds like bs for sure.

I don't know, anything I've heard that's bad about their relationship has been purely speculative and based off the fact we don't employ many of his clients. So it could be a good relationship. They definitely respect each other 

• bmags locked this topic