Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

44 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Hopefully Bryce hates LA as much as I do. Seriously, I don't know why it's some sort of trope in our country that people get rich and move to LA, or move to LA so they can get rich. I flew through there the other day and it's easily the shittiest place I've ever been, and I'm in the Army (i.e. going to shitty places is sort of the point, for us).

You've never been to Milwaukee, St. Louis, Detroit or Cleveland, huh?

6 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Someone from Chicago calling LA a shithole is hilarious to me. 

I went to LA in 2012. I was there for a Monday through Friday. I didn't see a cloud once, and the traffic wasn't as bad as I had heard. I have no issues with LA.

8 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Can't speak for St Louis or Cleveland, but have been to Milwaukee and Detroit multiple times. Neither places are shitholes. They definitely have those areas you don't want to wander into, but they are great cities. Especially Detroit, which is slowly building back up and has so much culture. The people there are so friendly. 

5 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

It's all a matter of opinion. I've lived in both places, including almost 30 years in Southern California. It was great, in the early years, but not now. Have you ever lived there? When?

9 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Anything's possible under stress - I've seen people here (and elsewhere) all but calling Philadelphia a dinky little backwater of a town, as if it were Cincinnati or Des Moines!

Edited by Hamhock

Maybe because of my chosen field, I love Los Angeles. Things are constantly happening, the weather is great too but I can see how people can hate it. There’s homeless people everywhere, the incredibly expensive and transportation is a nightmare. 

4 minutes ago, Baron said:

What we should be doing is fleecing the Dodgers with them trying to offload contracts. 

Good luck with that. Soxtalk believe the dodgers care about the luxury tax way more than has been evident that the dodgers care about the luxury tax. They will not send out good value just to offload cash.

35 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Been to Milwaukee. Also, Kandahar. Some portion of the population was actively trying to kill me, and it was still a friendlier city than LA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

I lived in Chicago for a few years when I was a kid, but have barely been there in the last 20. As a military brat, I'm not really from anywhere in particular, but I now live in the best state in the union, so I can judge.

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Maybe because of my chosen field, I love Los Angeles. Things are constantly happening, the weather is great too but I can see how people can hate it. There’s homeless people everywhere, the incredibly expensive and transportation is a nightmare. 

The smog is disgusting, the airport had no available seating nor working outlets, and a grown man who was upset that my one year old was crying at the very end of the flight pushed my three year old out of the way to get off the plane and then ran out of the terminal like a little b**** when my wife started telling me what he did. Fuck LA.

• Like 1

• bmags locked this topic