Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

God does this feel so much like a college basketball recruiting war where you just hope Kentucky and Duke don't offer due to not having a scholarship, yet you know it's possible they're trying to free up a scholarship.  Too bad signing day isn't here.

Yes, I'm in my element as a missouri fan, trying to get like the high 4 star QB knowing lsu will offer them a spot to be their 4th qb going "but we have more parking!"

Just now, turnin' two said:

I spend a lot of time in Milwaukee, and more than a little in Detroit.  Neither is bad.  Milwaukee, is great actually.  And there are some really nice areas and great restaurants in Detroit (burbs at least).

Every city is nice when you visit or has nice things.  I have had a blast in cle/mil/det, love minny. One thing for chicago people I think is east coast cities are a lot more relatable than west coast cities, which feel more like suburbs. But they still have amazing places and neighborhoods and experiences. USA USA USA

3 minutes ago, The Sir said:

The smog is disgusting, the airport had no available seating nor working outlets, and a grown man who was upset that my one year old was crying at the very end of the flight pushed my three year old out of the way to get off the plane and then ran out of the terminal like a little b**** when my wife started telling me what he did. Fuck LA.

This sounds more like an airport story and less an LA story. That guy could have lived anywhere.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Sir said:

The smog is disgusting, the airport had no available seating nor working outlets, and a grown man who was upset that my one year old was crying at the very end of the flight pushed my three year old out of the way to get off the plane and then ran out of the terminal like a little b**** when my wife started telling me what he did. Fuck LA.

Preach brother

Saw Rosenthal mention Dodgers still trying to dump salary to the Reds but the Reds are insisting Homer Bailey go back. If that's the case that's more of a wash than a salary dump.  I'm hoping the Cubs and Dodgers are going to have a very difficult time finding a partner. 

Edited by Sockin

1 minute ago, Sockin said:

Saw Rosenthal mention Dodgers still trying to dump salary to the Reds but the Reds are insisting Homer Bailey go back. If that's the case that's more of a wash than a salary dump.  I'm hoping the Cubs and Dodgers are going to have a very difficult time finding a partner. 

I kinda feel like I want Alex Wood in a deal where the reds get to dump homer bailey no?

17 minutes ago, The Sir said:

I mean no one is going to argue that they like LAX, but that’s not really what we’re talking about lol

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

Puig and Wood are making roughly 15 million next season. Bailey is making 23. So the Dodgers would be increasing payroll if that proposed deal happened. I don't get the reasoning behind that if they're serious about Harper.

Yeah there has to be some part I'm missing...like, they are taking kemp too? but that's the worst deal i've ever seen for lad.

6 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Every city is nice if you can afford to live where and how you want in it. 

Every city is miserable if you can’t. 

Putting aside my fanatical LA hatred, this is the best take. Living in Sherman Oaks is a heck of a lot better than living in Stop 6 (a less than appealing neighborhood in Fort Worth).

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Puig and Wood are making roughly 15 million next season. Bailey is making 23. So the Dodgers would be increasing payroll if that proposed deal happened. I don't get the reasoning behind that if they're serious about Harper.

It doesn't say Dodgers are willing to take Bailey. The Reds want them to. That doesn't mean they will.

Edited by soxfan2014

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Yeah there has to be some part I'm missing...like, they are taking kemp too? but that's the worst deal i've ever seen for lad.

Think it would be Kemp or Puig and Wood. Still would be a wash though. I don't know who the Cubs could get to take Heyward or Chatwood without eating a significant chunk of salary. 

Edited by Sockin

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Something about the AAV calculation and luxury tax calculations.  Although its more money, it actually looks like less on the bottom line next year for purposes of luxury tax and payroll

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

My understanding of it is that the Dodgers would essentially be "buying" prospects because they're taking on Bailey's salary. That is fine in of itself, but makes no sense if they're serious about Harper. They need to free up salaries if they want him, not acquire more dead money. Very strange.

• bmags locked this topic