Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

For so long? Let's get some perspective. It's only been 13 years since the WS championship.  Prior to that it was 88 years. They made the playoffs  once in the 80s and had a few good years in the 90s. In 2000 they made the playoffs and started a pretty good run.

They have been bad recently but they told you it was coming and most people agreed it was the best way.

I'm on the younger side. I was in 4th grade the last time the Sox made the playoffs. I'm now a college sophomore. It's been a long time, from my perspective.

Edited by Whitesox27
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Interesting take from one of our elder stateswoman here.  I'm not sure I would  want to wait. Each passing year, I'll be 61 shortly, and I say don't let me die while they suck . LOL. I think they still need established really good veteran players .It could take years for many of those kids to blossom. Guys like Lester and Verlander. Jd Martinez they all were key pieces to their teams winning the World Series.

Prior to 2005 my comment was, "I just want them to win one world series before I die, just one." Because they had never won. Now my perspective has changed and I wonder if I will use the down escalator when I die because I want another one.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Prior to 2005 my comment was, "I just want them to win one world series before I die, just one." Because they had never won. Now my perspective has changed and I wonder if I will use the down escalator when I die because I want another one.

If you didn't sell your soul to a crossroads demon for that one you are good !  I watch too much Supernatural.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you didn't sell your soul to a crossroads demon for that one you are good !  I watch too much Supernatural.

Ralph Macchio, I am not. But I may have  bargained a little of it away. Maybe my first born.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I should've known you didn't sell your soul to a crossroads demon since after 10 years the hell hounds come to get you and it's been 13 years already.

Never know.  I could be the robot from the other thread or a demon here just to drive people nuts.🤐

It's still super early especially when it comes to Boras. If Harper signs this early you can almost guarantee it's a terrible contract and much better then the next highest offer.

Like for example that Corbin deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nationals were 30-40 million more then the next highest offer.

Just now, wrathofhahn said:

It's still super early especially when it comes to Boras. If Harper signs this early you can almost guarantee it's a terrible contract and much better then the next highest offer.

Like for example that Corbin deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nationals were 30-40 million more then the next highest offer.

You see year 6 on that deal?  $35 mil!

• bmags locked this topic