Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

Boras is playing everyone for fools he does this everyyear putting interest in the media trying to draw up a bidding war for his client. We know what the barometer is The Nationals have said they won't go more then 300 million. The Yankees have said the same via Machado.

Boras was ten years 400 million. With a bunch of opt out closes because why not. We'd be a fool to give it to him. Hell we'd be a fool to give him 300 million but that is what he'll likely get.

The thing is Harper is coming off two down seasons. This beyond stupid neither of these players are Arod. Or Trout. They are capable of putting that kind of season together but if it's 10 years 30-40 million you have to consistently be a 6-10 WAR player. Neither guy is that. I'd be running away from both guys or Machado case jogging.

I think a lot of people are just looking for attention trying to pretend they know something.  Obviously from what Kenny and Rick have said we will be trying for both of these players.  We have the money to do so as they have both said.  It is fun to speculate but the only thing we really know is that they are seriously in it for both players.  Lets see how this plays out.  I am optimistic that we can get one of the players as I don't see anyone besides Philly bidding as high as we do.  

6 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Boras is playing everyone for fools he does this everyyear putting interest in the media trying to draw up a bidding war for his client. We know what the barometer is The Nationals have said they won't go more then 300 million. The Yankees have said the same via Machado.

Boras was ten years 400 million. With a bunch of opt out closes because why not. We'd be a fool to give it to him. Hell we'd be a fool to give him 300 million but that is what he'll likely get.

The thing is Harper is coming off two down seasons. This beyond stupid neither of these players are Arod. Or Trout. They are capable of putting that kind of season together but if it's 10 years 30-40 million you have to consistently be a 6-10 WAR player. Neither guy is that. I'd be running away from both guys or Machado case jogging.

I pretty much disagree with this entire post and am glad you are not GM.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Brian said:

We could have at least named the new thread something clever, like "Harper Speculation 2: Electric Boogaloo".

I thought it was clever. Also my shift key is broke so capitalizing multiple words in a row was very difficult. I'm really not appreciated enough around here.

8 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Bye Felicia! 

• bmags locked this topic