White Sox looking at Grandal

justBLAZE

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

As I said in the Nova thread, The White Sox adding Nova and Grandal, and not coming away with Harper or Machado after Kenny puffed his chest would be so classic White Sox, words can't accurately describe. 

and then they can say Grandal was their target all along, as he provides top-notch defense and will be a part of the next contending team

Just now, Orlando said:

People are acting like Grandal is garbage or ruins our shot at Harper. Grandal is a top Catcher and would be perfect to compliment a Harper move.

I made mention of this a few weeks ago, so this isn't me overreacting to the situation, but he's one of the most frustrating hitters to watch in all of baseball.  

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

and then they can say Grandal was their target all along, as he provides top-notch defense and will be a part of the next contending team

Thank you for the response, Rick.  Are you still chasing Machado or Harper?

Rick: "Uhmm I think that Grandal is a asolid defensive catcher that can add a great influx of veteran talent to our 25-man roster.  As for Harper and Machado, I think some stones are better left to be open for interpretation, as we may remain in contact with them to give a potential unique talent to our 25-man roster,   Uhhhmm I believe that this 2019 White Sox team will be better with the influx of young talent on our 25-man roster and will develop into a future perennial playoff team, which uhmmmm has the potential of winning multiple championships." 

Edited by Soxnfins

Just now, Nokona said:

I think we only snag him if we get one of the big fish.  No real reason otherwise.

I would have agreed with you if it was any position besides catcher.  Maybe they just really want to know they have someone at that position for the next 3-4 years they can rely on to at least catch the ball.

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

People are acting like Grandal is garbage or ruins our shot at Harper. Grandal is a top Catcher and would be perfect to compliment a Harper move.

Yeah I personally think he's the 2nd best catcher in the game behind Realmuto so the hate he gets here is confusing.