FS: White Sox Rule 5 Draft Preview - AND Rule 5 Discussion Thread (draft complete - see pinned thread for review)

NorthSideSox72

6 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

giphy.gif 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...I literally have no idea who that is.

He's a guy who I brought up several times in the game thread as someone I was paying attention to because of his great starts he was having.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=melend002cri

Definitely not on the AA team though, so no idea why it was announced that way.

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

He's a guy who I brought up several times in the game thread as someone I was paying attention to because of his great starts he was having.

Wondering if it is because he is assigned or his rights are assigned to their AA team.  I remember him in game threads.  Looked like something clicked for him this year in DSL though a bit older at 20 than some of competition.

That's it. 

The only guy the Sox lost in any phase is P Cristofer Melendez, who I personally liked, but he's a long ways away.

The only guy the Sox TOOK in the Major League phase has already been traded to the Rangers. Sox took 1B Jordan George in the MiLB phase.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

14 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

They move guys around on the rosters all the time in the offseason. I think some of it has to do with the rule 5. 

17 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

That's it. 

The only guy the Sox lost in any phase is P Cristofer Melendez, who I personally liked, but he's a long ways away.

The only guy the Sox TOOK in the Major League phase has already been traded to the Rangers. Sox took 1B Jordan George in the MiLB phase.

Do you have a link to a complete list of the players taken in the minor league phase?  Having trouble finding complete list., unless just 19 players were taken.