Dodgers looking to move Alex Wood and one of their outfielders

Chisoxfn

If the Sox ended up going with Machado, I would think either of those could be nice adds. Wood isn't a huge innings eater but he's been very effective and it largely appears any trade by Dodgers would be more of a payroll dump for them.  I think if the Sox intend on contending, they need to make some significant upgrades to their rotation (and lineup) beyond the one big FA signing.  

How is Wood a salary dump if Nova wasn't?  Wood is younger, better and cheaper.   A lot of the good teams are trying to get ahead of the game and trade their rentals, just like the rebuilders do.

The OF would also likely be a 1 year player.  
The  Sox need to stop giving talent for that stuff.

Edited by GreenSox

12 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Alex Wood is a pretty good pitcher. It would be nice to have two lefties in the rotation. I wonder what the Dodgers asking price is?

Alex Wood is the type of guy who fits perfectly pitching for the Dodgers in that stadium and the NL. I want him no where near us.

11 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Alex Wood is the type of guy who fits perfectly pitching for the Dodgers in that stadium and the NL. I want him no where near us.

I noticed on MLB Advanced stats, he can't spin the ball. That's probably not a good thing when you throw 88, and in Sox park... you are probably right. Might be a disaster.

All I'm going to say is if Wood is on the block, I see no reason not to kick the tires if the club is attempting to contend. While I think Gio could turn things around, I think the Sox rotation has MASSIVE issues and still quite a bit of unknown / not ready talent in the minors (and obviously Kopech out for the year).  Waiting and hoping the guys magically all come from within probably isn't the right answer, especially since you know guys are going to get hurt.