Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

bmags

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

I'd rather the Sox just tweet it out like they did with the Cubs trade haha. 

I think there will be enough smoke that when Harper/Machado get to the finish line one of the Nationals reporters will be the one to break the story 

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

He's going to announce on ESPNU with 4 hats in front of him

Anything other than a 30 minute special about himself while he's surrounded by children who never actually get the money he promised them for the special will be ok with me.

A source tells me that big news may be coming from the Cubs soon... Not sure what that means. It could be another player. I know nobody has reason to believe me, but I've never tried to break any news on here. I'm really nervous. Hope it isn't Bryce. 

2 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

A source tells me that big news may be coming from the Cubs soon... Not sure what that means. It could be another player. I know nobody has reason to believe me, but I've never tried to break any news on here. I'm really nervous. Hope it isn't Bryce. 

Well I don't think it would be Bryce, seeing as tho they haven't made any money to clear space yet. If it's a clearing space move, then we're fucked

Just now, whitesoxwinner said:

Well I don't think it would be Bryce, seeing as tho they haven't made any money to clear space yet. If it's a clearing space move, then we're fucked

if it's Hayward or Yu, yes.  If it's Chatwood, then it's just as likely to free up space for reliever/middle infielder.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

if it's Hayward or Yu, yes.  If it's Chatwood, then it's just as likely to free up space for reliever/middle infielder.

Not sure who would want to trade for any of these guys unless they are getting someone in addition back.

1 minute ago, NotHahn said:

This obviously means that they are working on a deal as he would have no knowledge of other teams negotiations. Right? Unless Harper/Boras are requiring creative terms be included to all offers.

it would mean that the agent(s) have told them what their client is seeking.  Doesn't mean anything in terms of working on a deal.

31 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

I honestly can't tell if you're being serious or not. 

Just now, GREEDY said:

Anyone active on insta enough to know how often Harper comments on posts?  

He likes his posts but generally doesn't comment. I don't think this means anything but it still is interesting because Harper knew exactly what he was doing when he commented on a White Sox player's post. Just like he knew what he was doing when he followed Rhys Hoskins a few weeks ago.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Harper and Delmonico are friends from Team USA growing up

He's friends with Machado too (albeit probably closer to Harper though). BUT, that is the first time I've seen Harper comment on his page and not just like a pic.