Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

bmags

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

He likes his posts but generally doesn't comment. I don't think this means anything but it still is interesting because Harper knew exactly what he was doing when he commented on a White Sox player's post. Just like he knew what he was doing when he followed Rhys Hoskins a few weeks ago.

Bingo. And now I'm not gonna like the annoying sox fans that are now gonna pile on with their comments now towards him... :lol:

Edited by SoxAce

58 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You mean non existent after Sale, Goldschmidt, Arenado, Rendon, Bumgarner, Cole. Khris Davis,Bogaerts, Gregorious, Gennett, Castellanos, Puig, Wheeler and guys like JD Martinez and Strasburg who can opt out.

Most of that probably won't materialize. And going by KW's comments, they don't feel this class next year is worth it. 

15 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Most of that probably won't materialize. And going by KW's comments, they don't feel this class next year is worth it. 

Strasburg might not but the rest probably will . I know there's a ton of speculation about Arenado resigning with the ROX but no one knows that. Not many give up the right to free agency. I also left out Verlander and Felix Hernandez because of their age .

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Love seeing Timmy and Yolmer out there as well having fun. 

If by having fun you mean getting paid to go on vacation and make a scheduled appearance at the resort, then yes, I am glad they are having fun.  

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Strasburg might not but the rest probably will . I know there's a ton of speculation about Arenado resigning with the ROX but no one knows that. Not many give up the right to free agency. I also left out Verlander and Felix Hernandez because of their age .

At this point, Felix Hernandez is probably playing for a one year deal worth a few million.

In other news, I wish my talents allowed me to say, "Hey, I pretty much suck now, but give me five million dollars and I'll work for you this year."

Here come the excuses:

RT @scottmerkin: Hahn on FA pursuit: "There's only so much we can control in the end. Ultimately, free-agent  players have earned the right through hard work and longevity in their  career to choose their ultimate destination. And sometimes factors  beyond money factor into these things."

6 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

Are the cubs really that desperate and stupid 

It wouldnt be stupid.....it is genius actually. They could have all of the money except for 5M over the 1st 10 years with an opt out aftwe years 3, 7 and 10. There is zero risk and everything to gain. 

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Here come the excuses:

RT @scottmerkin: Hahn on FA pursuit: "There's only so much we can control in the end. Ultimately, free-agent  players have earned the right through hard work and longevity in their  career to choose their ultimate destination. And sometimes factors  beyond money factor into these things."

He isn't wrong.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Here come the excuses:

There's more to that quote, as he discussed family situations, etc. (I think this is in regards to Charlie Morton, who wanted to pitch closer to his wife's family in Florida).  If you listen to the whole thing, it didn't come across as pessimistic.