Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

bmags

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Another interesting thing from that Heyman article was that JR stayed at the meetings for the whole time, which they said is not common for an owner.

That Heyman article was the most pro harper to the sox thing i've read. 

Everyone that was at the meetings was abuzz about the sox making a move, on this forum it's straight panic.

Cubs will try to clear salary because the cubs need to clear salary. And I'm sure they will offer the highest AAV they can for like a 4-5 year deal. But I don't think that does anything.

But it may! Because Harper is a human with power to make a decision.

1 minute ago, Hot FiRe said:

That would literally be pathetic. I let him know it could have serious implications for my career if he did. It is unlikely that it would, but you never know. I've never tried to spread a false rumor on here. 

Your employer would seriously have to be snooping you and looking for it in order for you to be connected to what you sent me.

Your ban bet is on, when harper signs we will see

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Your employer would seriously have to be snooping you and looking for it in order for you to be connected to what you sent me.

Your ban bet is on, when harper signs we will see

Tons of smoke today from various sources. Not sure what it means, but the pot seems to be stirring. 

Trying to remain calm as this crap could drag out for weeks or even months without resolution.

Edited by steveno89

23 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

F it, let's do this big boy. Like I said, I don't know if they are working on Harper or not, all I know is they are in the middle of something big. It just gives creedance to the fact that the Cubs are very likely still in the Harper running. 

You've got way better odds than I do,and but whatever. The ban bet is on. 

I’d guess they’re working on their new TV deal before I assume it’s related to Harper, but obviously I have no context.

1 hour ago, peppers312 said:

plenty. but the reward is worth the risk for a 26 year old former ROY/MVP going into the prime years of his career wouldn't you agree? 

I would not get into a bidding war. You have to set limits and stand by them.

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Has Kopechs handle always been @michaelkopech5 or was it once @michaelkopech34? Someone please let me know!

Coulda sworn it was @michaelkopech34, but I don't follow him or many athletes.  I did just see a tweet suggesting that he changed it.

Edit: it was always 5 apparently.

Edited by SouthWallace

47 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

One of my sources when steve Dy he met harper he has pictures to prove it plus he has nephew that plays in the MLB and talks harper high school buddies.

Is there someone here, who speaks "peavy44," who can translate that into English?

Sincerely, "peavy44," I am truly sorry, but I don't understand that, and I fear that asking you directly, would not help. I understand that English may not be your first language, and as someone who has lived in Costa Rica, for many years and struggled with Spanish, I can relate. Perhaps you could use a word processor to help you with grammar.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bmags said:

That Heyman article was the most pro harper to the sox thing i've read. 

Everyone that was at the meetings was abuzz about the sox making a move, on this forum it's straight panic.

Cubs will try to clear salary because the cubs need to clear salary. And I'm sure they will offer the highest AAV they can for like a 4-5 year deal. But I don't think that does anything.

But it may! Because Harper is a human with power to make a decision.

I said a lot of this same stuff earlier, but it got passed over with all the other nonsense in the trade.