Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

bmags

3 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Nothing much new to report on or discuss. Typically there will be activity the last two weeks of December as discussions remain ongoing

Lots of moves on hold until Realmuto gets traded.  With that said, I’ve seen some suggestions that a lot of bullpen moves happen this weekend.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Lots of moves on hold until Realmuto gets traded.  With that said, I’ve seen some suggestions that a lot of bullpen moves happen this weekend.

Yeah, it seems like Realmuto & Kluber are really holding things up.  To your point, the bullpen market should now start moving though.

1 minute ago, Bigsoxhurt35 said:

Lol my gif didn’t stay. Tried copying and pasting it

I believe you have to post the gif link within the [image] tags.   Not positive though, I don't post gifs here because i always forget lol

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I believe you sir, the most prolific poster in any of the Harper threads, can give it a rest

Harper probably not coming here remember torii hunter he was supposed come here then Angel's came out of no where steal him away.

1 minute ago, peavy44 said:

Harper probably not coming here remember torii hunter he was supposed come here then Angel's came out of no where steal him away.

One has nothing to do with the other.  Thank you for your post

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone hopefully this helps.

Sometimes when you copy paste a link it captures some rich text, after posting a link pay attention to if you see a black banner appear on the bottom of the screen saying "pasted as rich text paste as plain text instead", click on "paste as plain text instead" and then you should see the gif/tweet/whatever embed load.

Just now, bmags said:

Everyone hopefully this helps.

Sometimes when you copy paste a link it captures some rich text, after posting a link pay attention to if you see a black banner appear on the bottom of the screen saying "pasted as rich text paste as plain text instead", click on "paste as plain text instead" and then you should see the gif/tweet/whatever embed load.

Yup, this is exactly what was causing problems for me.

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

One has nothing to do with the other.  Thank you for your post

What? The Sox have never spent over 100 million, haven't developed players in 15 years and have a FO/manager who dont know how to win. The is very little hope that anything will happen to make the Sox competitive. The past will always dictate the future,  its preordained.  😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This is the kind of move the Sox should make. If someone is going to bail out the Cubs anyway, let it be us. (and hopefully still get Bryant).   Almora and Happ would help this team significantly, and I think even Chatwood is redeemable.  A little creativity would be nice to see.

I think we can finally put the threat of the Cubs to rest.  Mooney had a nice little write-up on the Cubs yesterday and this quote stands out:

Saddled with big contracts, holding trade chips with diminished value and limited by an ownership group that runs the team like a business, the Cubs would need a perfect storm of unforeseen circumstances to become a real factor in the final stages of the Harper negotiations.

11 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

This is the kind of move the Sox should make. If someone is going to bail out the Cubs anyway, let it be us. (and hopefully still get Bryant).   Almora and Happ would help this team significantly, and I think even Chatwood is redeemable.  A little creativity would be nice to see.

Delete this

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think we can finally put the threat of the Cubs to rest.  Mooney had a nice little write-up on the Cubs yesterday and this quote stands out:

I can't see the Cubs being able to clear themselves of Chatwood's two remaining years, as he's closer to being released than traded. No MLB club is going to want a starter who walked 95 batters in just over 100 innings for the next two years.