Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

bmags

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Only reason not to trust him is if he’s an Angels fan that’s trolling the Dodgers

I hope to God you are right Fathom. That is certainly a possibility, although he posted it to the angels subreddit. I feel like if he was trolling he would've posted it to the dodgers subreddit, but it's still a possibility and hopefully the case

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

It’s far more likely that he tweets this stuff daily and then deletes the ones that aren’t true

That was my firs thought too, but it wasn't a tweet. It was a post on a subreddit. From how the people responded to him it doesn't sound like he did it a bunch of times. It sounds from the Bour post like he posted it and everyone was skeptical and then suddenly he was right. 

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

We aren't getting Machado. He wants to be out East. Probably the Yankees or Phillies. 

Then we’re in trouble as an organization if we’re unable to land either player. No one can deny they’ve placed themselves in their current position with low payroll obligations to have one. Hahn and KWs comments have only solidified that fact.

It’s a failure, no matter the excuse

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

Assuming it is true

I wouldn’t.

It’s crazy that you guys are all buying some nobody on this because he was right about Justin Bour, yet when similar accounts with similar track records (i.e.  being right about one thing one time) say that Harper is signing with the White Sox, they don’t even generate discussion.

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I wouldn’t.

It’s crazy that you guys are all buying some nobody on this because he was right about Justin Bour, yet when similar accounts with similar track records (i.e.  being right about one thing one time) say that Harper is signing with the White Sox, they don’t even generate discussion.

I was more just trying to provoke discussion about what the Dodgers could do. 

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I wouldn’t.

Yes, they definitely do.

Edited by soxfan2014

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I wouldn’t.

The overwhelming bias of this board is to believe the White Sox are too cheap or incompetent to sign Harper or Machado, so here we are.