Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

bmags

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

This guy is Green Bay Packers fan who went to Wisconsin and lives in Chicago. That's pretty common

But hes randomly an Angels fan. That doesn't really add up. I'm guessing he does know someone in the Angels organization for him to be a fan and be breaking stuff like the Bauer move.

Now the question is why that person would have anything on Harper to the Dodgers...

Or it’s coming from same player that told that Houston reporter?

I don't know why, but the tagging a bunch of writers and asking for credit is what seems the weirdest to me. It's most likely one of the White Sox, Phillies, and Dodgers. If he said "Harper to Mets" and he signed with the Mets, that's another story.

I could also just be reading into it too much.

Well, the other Twitter guy (the one who called his source "unreliable") said his source is a player. Maybe it's the same source. If that is the case, he might be blowing smoke on this but did have insight into the Bour signing.

Anyways, as big as the inevitable Harper deal will be, there should be some smoke from the national guys soon, if something is really coming together.

Just now, Quinarvy said:

I don't know why, but the tagging a bunch of writers and asking for credit is what seems the weirdest to me. It's most likely one of the White Sox, Phillies, and Dodgers. If he said "Harper to Mets" and he signed with the Mets, that's another story.

I could also just be reading into it too much.

That's the part that actually kinda makes it legit I feel like.. I feel like that shows that he knows he's right and wants the attention when he's right

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I said earlier, maybe he knows Bour from his time on the Cubs. Sowa is a cubs fan I believe.

Hes retweets a ton of random stuff from the Angels twitter and posts directly to the Angels subreddit so I'm 95% sure hes an Angels fan. But also appears he lives in Wirgleyville or near by.

Maybe he knows something,  maybe he doesn't.  It could be he heard the Bour stuff, doesn't really have a continuing solid source but took a shot to remain relevant.  Or he could be Magic Johnson and knew Bour early   because maybe the Dodgerz kicked the tires.  It could be anything but I don't know why it would be so important for a guy to make sure he gets credit if he wants to remain anonymous. 

I figured out who the poster is in real life. He works as a consultant for a financial company in the loop. Seems he was a pretty good baseball player and lived in california when he was much younger. He at least played with a minor league in Milwaukees system from what I can see. Obviously that's not his real source but guessing he knows a current MLBer from there as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I figured out who the poster is in real life. He works as a consultant for a financial company in the loop. Seems he was a pretty good baseball player and lived in california when he was much younger. He at least played with a minor league in Milwaukees system from what I can see. Obviously that's not his real source but guessing he knows a current MLBer from there as well. 

Howd you find that out?

6 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Chicago could use you as a detective

9 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Very nicely done.