Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

bmags

19 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I figured out who the poster is in real life. He works as a consultant for a financial company in the loop. Seems he was a pretty good baseball player and lived in california when he was much younger. He at least played with a minor league in Milwaukees system from what I can see. Obviously that's not his real source but guessing he knows a current MLBer from there as well. 

I found him but I didnt see any of the baseball stuff. 

I assume you matched his Twitter handle to his Instagram?

Just now, Brian said:

Dodgers maybe waiting to announce until the trade some guys. I dunno.

The Cubs had the Zobrist deal a few years ago done for over 24 hours and no one had any idea he had already taken his physical.  Meanwhile, the Mets and others thought they were still in the hunt for him. Cubs kept it quiet so they could finish the Castro trade.

Or maybe Boras went searching for somebody who had broken one story and offered him money to break a fake story on Harper to the Dodgers (knowing people would believe him because of his previous story)...all in an attempt to get the Sox to increase their offer! Oh my god, that’s it!!! We’re gonna overpay because of it, but at least we will sign him!!!! World Series!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Or maybe Boras went searching for somebody who had broken one story and offered him money to break a fake story on Harper to the Dodgers (knowing people would believe him because of his previous story)...all in an attempt to get the Sox to increase their offer! Oh my god, that’s it!!! We’re gonna overpay because of it, but at least we will sign him!!!! World Series!!!!!!

There 2 guys breaking it on twitter though

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Legit question...is there a ignore user function on the boards now? I’m afraid of messing something up overall, with these mod emeritus powers.

Yes, I've ignored two troll posters (Brian and Soxfan) on this website. Just select the user and click ignore then update the preferences.