Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

bmags

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Legit question...is there a ignore user function on the boards now? I’m afraid of messing something up overall, with these mod emeritus powers.

Lol yes you can ignore someone without overpowering and making the board ignore them

Peavy44 is like that Kelly Gale (VIctoria’s Secret model) who just had to block the restaurant entrance with her jump rope workout routine in front of In-N-Out Burger yesterday...ostensibly to promote fitness (not fat shaming!) and the eating of healthier pears but mostly just to increase her Insta followers.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Peavy44 is like that Kelly Gale (VIctoria’s Secret model) who just had to block the restaurant entrance with her jump rope workout routine in front of In-N-Out Burger yesterday...ostensibly to promote fitness (not fat shaming!) and the eating of healthier pears but mostly just to increase her Insta followers.

Ignored

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To reiterate, until multiple national outlets report a signing, treat everything as bullshit. End of story. This guy's eyes are brown. 

Nothing is credible. Nothing. Even Nightengale/Rosenthal/Morosi. Whatever they have is there because someone wants them to have it. Remember that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

To reiterate, until multiple national outlets report a signing, treat everything as bullshit. End of story. This guy's eyes are brown. 

Nothing is credible. Nothing. Even Nightengale/Rosenthal/Morosi. Whatever they have is there because someone wants them to have it. Remember that. 

Jack why would he tag rosenthal and Heyman though.

33 minutes ago, aeichhor said:

Anyone catch anything on mlb network. Looks like they were or have talked white sox stuff? 

No real news; but Joel Sherman did say that if the Sox sign Harper it will be because they offered the most $$.  He elaborated that the prospects et al don't mean much because the front office has been unproductive for years and that the same guys were in charge.  You rarely hear the media state that unfortunate truth.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm just ready for the insults from "reputable media sources" to stop.  If I watch another video or read another tweet from a major news source that says "Bryce Harper to the White Sox would be the worst decision of his life" or "The White Sox are completely irrelevant and have no future" I'm going to lose it.

I can't wait for Eloy to come up and light the league on fire.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

No real news; but Joel Sherman did say that if the Sox sign Harper it will be because they offered the most $$.  He elaborated that the prospects et al don't mean much because the front office has been unproductive for years and that the same guys were in charge.  You rarely hear the media state that unfortunate truth.

I don't know what media you're reading.  The anti-Sox rhetoric is strong.

9 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

I'm just ready for the insults from "reputable media sources" to stop.  If I watch another video or read another tweet from a major news source that says "Bryce Harper to the White Sox would be the worst decision of his life" or "The White Sox are completely irrelevant and have no future" I'm going to lose it.

I can't wait for Eloy to come up and light the league on fire.

As of right now, they're not wrong. This is the national narrative. Nobody cares about the Sox other than a small group of people in Chicago and Northwest Indiana. 

A portion of the fanbase does not trust Hahn and KW, because they got the Sox in this mess in the first place. If the Sox prospects came up and the majority flat out sucked, including Moncada and others, nobody would be surprised. Why? Because the Sox have a a 25  year track record of of epic failure to produce anything from the farm.  They haven't drafted/signed and developed a star player since Maggs, with the notable exception of Sale. Sale doesn't really count because he was MLB ready out of college. So, you can see why the national media think that it is laughable that the Sox have any sort of future. Sure, Eloy might work out, but after that everyone is a huge massive question mark. 

Nobody cares about the White Sox other than White Sox fans. It is that simple. The Sox are so irrelevant that the two major newspapers in Chicago don't have their own beat guy for the team and just post AP generic stuff. They're not even relevant in Chicago the point that they're  covered. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1