Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

bmags

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The only thing I can think of is maybe they think teams like the White Sox and the Phillies if they lost out on Harper and Machado would be the best match to dump a an undesired contract or two for less than what they are being asked for now

I want Harper not Dodgers outfielders.

Ok, so what if..this rumor is in fact true, but it angers Harper because they can't keep things tight lipped and he reconsiders his other suitors?! Or it's being put out there purposely for us to raise our offer?

I know, I know, lame. I'm just tryin to keep our pulse goin lol

DON'T STOP BELIEEEEEEEVIN!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

I want Harper not Dodgers outfielders.

If Harper is no longer available, you may be able to buy prospects from the Dodgers with the cost being their contracts they want to dump. Everyone would rather have Harper, but if you cannot have him it might make sense depending on what is attached, to help the Dodgers out. To me it would have to be guys at or near their top.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 minute ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Ok, so what if..this rumor is in fact true, but it angers Harper because they can't keep things tight lipped and he reconsiders his other suitors?! Or it's being put out there purposely for us to raise our offer?

I know, I know, lame. I'm just tryin to keep our pulse goin lol

DON'T STOP BELIEEEEEEEVIN!

Nope I think we lost

2 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

Yes, it was. However it was not over when the Gremans bombed Pearl Harbor. (anyone who was on chicagobears.com message boards in 2006 would get this joke)

Edited by Jack Parkman

22 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The only thing I can think of is maybe they think teams like the White Sox and the Phillies if they lost out on Harper and Machado would be the best match to dump a an undesired contract or two for less than what they are being asked for now

It's a good idea, but I don't remember the Sox ever doing that; although I do remember the Sox actually sending prospects for obvious salary dumps.

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

It's a good idea, but I don't remember the Sox ever doing that; although I do remember the Sox actually sending prospects for obvious salary dumps.

I think Joc Pederson is tight with the new batting analytics guy. That might be a match. Although he doesn’t make much. I think to take Kemp off their hands they would have to give me Pederson and still another of their better prospects. The reality is you would be saving them more money than you are taking.

That is obviously only if I was out on Harper and Machado. But one of the White Sox or Phillies will be if the Dodgers sign Harper. And maybe both.

Edited by Dick Allen

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think Joc Pederson is tight with the new batting analytics guy. That might be a match.

He's a space-clearer more than a salary-clearer; the Sox would have to send something for him.  I think he's only a 2 year guy himself, but could be interesting.

On another note, if trading Abreu (who is on a 1 year contract) sends the wrong message, doesn't signing McCann and trading for Nova do the same thing?

Edited by GreenSox