Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

bmags

32 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

One week ban bet you get the Cubs I get the field. Go

F it, let's do this big boy. Like I said, I don't know if they are working on Harper or not, all I know is they are in the middle of something big. It just gives creedance to the fact that the Cubs are very likely still in the Harper running. 

You've got way better odds than I do,and but whatever. The ban bet is on. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

agreed, as there's no way all the employees in marketing dept would have kept quiet about this

Harper has been the plan and focus all season long for the front office. Machado is plan B, but I feel like all along the primary offseason goal has been to bring Harper aboard. 

The rebuild needs a face, and he very well could be it. 

1 minute ago, Hot FiRe said:

F it, let's do this big boy. Like I said, I don't know if they are working on Harper or not, all I know is they are in the middle of something big. It just gives creedance to the fact that the Cubs are very likely still in the Harper running. 

Alright, if nothing hits the wire tonite regarding the cubs, you are gone

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Since when are you part of the bet? You have no say in the terms. Unless you want to be part of the bet, you don't make the terms.

I sent you what I know. 

Just now, Hot FiRe said:

Since when are you part of the bet? You have no say in the terms. Unless you want to be part of the bet, you don't make the terms.

I sent you what I know. 

You love to hedge these bets, so it's time to keep you to them.  Good luck to your source 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

Boom! Let's do it.

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I laid out terms for him 1 week ban bet. He signs with Cubs I lose. He signs with the field I win.

5 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

0% chance Ron actually bans himself when he inevitably loses ban bet.  

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It's BS. 

That stuff can get printed in a couple hours these days.  No chance something they have to physically mail gets printed before the signature is in ink.  These guys making up stuff for attention at least need to step their game up.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Please do

That would literally be pathetic. I let him know it could have serious implications for my career if he did. It is unlikely that it would, but you never know. I've never tried to spread a false rumor on here. 

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Assuming this is false, but does anyone follow this guy?  Does seem like a legit Sox fan:

This is like the NFL printing two sets of Super Bowl winning hats, shirts, etc.

It costs the Sox what? $2,500 - 10k to print out materials? Why not do it ahead of time if you really are making a half billion dollar investment. If doesn't work you shred them all. Better to be prepared in a business sense. If news breaks you want to be able to flood clients with Harper stuff.