bmags

Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

34 minutes ago, bmags said:

That Heyman article was the most pro harper to the sox thing i've read. 

Everyone that was at the meetings was abuzz about the sox making a move, on this forum it's straight panic.

Cubs will try to clear salary because the cubs need to clear salary. And I'm sure they will offer the highest AAV they can for like a 4-5 year deal. But I don't think that does anything.

But it may! Because Harper is a human with power to make a decision.

I said a lot of this same stuff earlier, but it got passed over with all the other nonsense in the trade.

23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If nothing else I absolutely love that so many Sox players are actively recruiting Harper. Who knows if it works or not, but I love the effort. 

Why you gotta throw shade at D.Rose? ;)

if and only if harper sigs with the six i cant  wait for the cubs game to show in there face even more when eloy playing and cease is pitching

Just now, timbo8 said:

if and only if harper sigs with the six i cant  wait for the cubs game to show in there face even more when eloy playing and cease is pitching

There is no way you aren't Peavy.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

I'll try to translate this one:  If, and only if, Harper signs with the Sox, I can't wait for the Cubs game, to shove it in their faces, even more so, when Eloy is playing and Cease is pitching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

I would love for there to be a basic literacy and writing test that must be passed prior to registering for this site. 

Harper signs with the Sox = Vast majority of Sox fans overcome with emotion and joy, a franchise changing moment, huge for the city of Chicago

There would still be a few fans saying we should have signed Machado instead, or that Harper wasn't worth the money blah blah blah 

Just now, Sockin said:

There's no way in hell a team is taking on Heyward for Ian Happ unless the Cubs ate half the salary. 

who would even do that deal?

1 minute ago, timbo8 said:

who would even do that deal?

Some dumb team that has false illusions of competing like the Reds or Mets. 

Edited by Sockin

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

There's no way in hell a team is taking on Heyward for Ian Happ unless the Cubs ate half the salary. 

Yeah I don't see it happening either, that contract is an albatross.

4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Has Kopechs handle always been @michaelkopech5 or was it once @michaelkopech34? Someone please let me know!

ITs always been 5, but he did make some cryptic post a few weeks ago about potentially giving up 34. 

The comment doesnt even imply they are connected.

Part 1: Cubs are receiving calls for Happ. (seems believable)

Part 2: Cubs *could* potentially try and package with bad contract. (seems like purely speculation)

19 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

the emoji is i don't see no evil i don't speak no evil is covering the mouth

OH, I see! That clears it right up. 

Edited by ChiSox59

Just now, Sockin said:

I hope Harper never sees this board. Everyone sounds insane. 

"Yeah, Rick, I was ready to sign, but then I saw this site called SoxTalk.  That place is fucking nuts.  I think I'll take that 20-year deal with the Cubs instead."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 103 mph screwball said:

What if Bryce Harper is the next Heyward?  Machado is a safer bet. 

If the Sox have a chance to get him, they should. If it turns out to be shitty, so be it. Go down swinging. 

As I've said all along, I don't doubt that the Sox will make a strong offer, I have serious doubts about either BH/MM being even remotely interested in coming here. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Imagine if someone that didn't know anything about baseball read this thread. A bunch of grown men freaking out about another grown man that wears tight pants and hits a ball with a stick.

• Haha 1