Nightengale: JR has talked to Boras, no offer yet submitted for harper (Harper Thread *updates in first post*)

bmags

I have an inside source that has give me information.  This information has lead me to believe that nobody on this Board knows where Bryce will sign. I have a super secret job and even though nobody can tell who I am dissemination of this information could cause me to go to jail. So please everyone let's keep this here. If not I will never post here again.  Thank you all.

-DeepThroat

14 minutes ago, R4YL3 said:

I have an inside source that has give me information.  This information has lead me to believe that nobody on this Board knows where Bryce will sign. I have a super secret job and even though nobody can tell who I am dissemination of this information could cause me to go to jail. So please everyone let's keep this here. If not I will never post here again.  Thank you all.

-DeepThroat

Alright who's burner account is this?

3 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Alright who's burner account is this?

I am sorry but I am not able to tell you that. All I can tell you is that nobody knows where he will sign. I am sorry that I can't give you more information at this time. It would compromise my well being. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes. The question was which signs first. Everyone on the panel said Machado, and Morosi said White Sox. Heyman still believes Harper. Justice thinks Harper to LA.

Thanks D.A.

They've already put out the link for the segment: https://www.mlb.com/video/mlb-tonight-insider-roundtable/c-2521013383?tid=6479266

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Yes.

1. Largest contract

2. Good look for the future with farm system

3. Would be THE man for the team.

4. Good place to live in the summer

5. Can spend winter anywhere for 35 million per year

I would pick Chicago provided number 1 is satisfied.

That list isn't bias at all hahaha.

Assuming all money is equal and the true destinations are Phillies and Dodgers and Sox and .... ? Cubs?

Winning would be #1 in my book. As such I'd go Dodgers. Sox decent farm system means zilch. If it did the Twins and Buxton/Sano would be a first place team by now and we'd all be wearing our HOF Joe Borchard jerseys. Dodgers among those teams have proven their ability to spend, win, and do both consistently. Cubs with new ownership and revamped Wrigley are probably the second best bet. Phillies have also shown they'll spend when necessary. The sox come in dead, dead, dead  last if you're trying to guarantee winning and spending over the next 10 years (contract length)

Now you can make the argument he'd be the MAN on the Sox and own a team in a big market. That's Sox far and away.

Good place to play in the summer ........ I'll go with LAD... there's a reason 12,000 fans show up through Memorial Day. Chicago and the AL CEntral is an absolutely brutal place to play in April and May. Minneapolis, Detroit, Cleveland .....

Just playing devil's advocate, but taking away our own Sox fandom --- there's no effing chance on earth I'd play for the Sox if I were him and wanting to win a championship. JR has never proven he'll spend to put a winning team on the books consistently. The weather sucks. The stadium is in the bottom 10. The division is one of the worst in the league for marketability...

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

So that's two big media guys that each think the Sox end up with a either of the big two? I'll take it.

My takeaway from all this is that for the most part, these panelists are throwing shit at the wall. Eventually, something will stick, but it will be nothing more than an educated guess behind it. I get the feeling their speculation is as worthless and baseless as ours is, and it wouldn't even surprise me if (in some cases) some of these predictions stem from fan message boards like this one. Certainly, there are a very select handful of those who know, and they probably aren't talking.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

10 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

That list isn't bias at all hahaha.

Assuming all money is equal and the true destinations are Phillies and Dodgers and Sox and .... ? Cubs?

Winning would be #1 in my book. As such I'd go Dodgers. Sox decent farm system means zilch. If it did the Twins and Buxton/Sano would be a first place team by now and we'd all be wearing our HOF Joe Borchard jerseys. Dodgers among those teams have proven their ability to spend, win, and do both consistently. Cubs with new ownership and revamped Wrigley are probably the second best bet. Phillies have also shown they'll spend when necessary. The sox come in dead, dead, dead  last if you're trying to guarantee winning and spending over the next 10 years (contract length)

Now you can make the argument he'd be the MAN on the Sox and own a team in a big market. That's Sox far and away.

Good place to play in the summer ........ I'll go with LAD... there's a reason 12,000 fans show up through Memorial Day. Chicago and the AL CEntral is an absolutely brutal place to play in April and May. Minneapolis, Detroit, Cleveland .....

Just playing devil's advocate, but taking away our own Sox fandom --- there's no effing chance on earth I'd play for the Sox if I were him and wanting to win a championship. JR has never proven he'll spend to put a winning team on the books consistently. The weather sucks. The stadium is in the bottom 10. The division is one of the worst in the league for marketability...

It's not biased too much.

All of your points are ignoring point #1. Largest contract. You are assuming money being equal.

If you truly pick LA over Chicago in the summer I can't help you. There are a multitude of reasons Chicago is better. But it's mostly personal preference. 

The number of fans will change with star power and winning. The Sox have a good  plan. They aren't relying on a Sano/Buxton scenario.  They have multiple high level prospects and have the ability to allow some to fail.

April.and May can be brutal to say but many of the games will be on the road. I was referring more to family life. His wife and family, once it starts, will enjoy summer weather and lifestyle  in Chicago much more than LA.

Hands down my Choice would be Chicago. There are few places that can match it for summer life style for.MLB cities.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

DeRosa just said he doesn’t think Harper will sign with the White Sox because he wants to win championships. He played with him. He’s said he doesn’t think Harper would put faith in all the prospects hitting.

i mean he not wrong but then again this DeRosa being bias to the cubs