White Sox reportedly sign Lázaro Leal INF/OF from Cuba

Sleepy Harold

Video I found of one of his at bats in Mexico. From what I can find he has only played one game this year, so I am trying to find stats from last year. I don't know how we are signing him though because I thought there was still the ban on any Mexican league signings because of the lack of posting agreement. Maybe we got around that by signing a guy who is technically in their minors and not actually in the Mexican League. 

He seems to have a good body (6'2" 205 lbs) and decent speed. Considering he is still in their minors, he probably isn't that advanced with the bat even though he is 21 about to be 22. 

Also, funny coincidence. I believe his full name is Lazaro Leal Rivera. So he is our second Cuban Laz Rivera. 

Edited by GenericUserName

8 hours ago, GenericUserName said:
NOMBRE TEMP EQUIPO GP  IP  PA  AB   H 1B  2B 3B HR  R  RBI  AVG  SLG% OBP  BB HBP S SF SO OPS
Lazaro Leal 2017 Algodoneros 81 715  351 310  86  54   22   4     6    47   40  0.277   0.432    0.351   36     1     1   3   78  0.783

That doesn't look good, but he was 20.