Are White Sox fans being "silly" thinking we are going to get Harper?

vilehoopster

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lester isn’t a free agent after this year and declining Quintana’s cheap option is perhaps the single dumbest proposition I have ever seen on this site.

The fanbase despises Quintana because they gave up Eloy/Cease for him and he's not the same guy he was here. I'm surrounded by Cub fans and they want to run him out of town. They hate him. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Did you read about what I said? I think the 10 year deal isn't going to happen, they'll get a 5 year deal with an opt out after 3 to guarantee they hit FA one more time. 

Wow, you’re now approaching Greg levels.  You think these guys are going to pass on 10 year commitments why?  Like you are completely losing it man.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Wow, you’re now approaching Greg levels.  You think these guys are going to pass on 10 year commitments why?  Like you are completely losing it man.

Because they're confident in their ability and they'll get $175M and cash in on another 7-8 year deal down the road. You don't hire Scott Boras if you're afraid to bet on yourself. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

The fanbase despises Quintana because they gave up Eloy/Cease for him and he's not the same guy he was here. I'm surrounded by Cub fans and they want to run him out of town. They hate him. 

The fan base despises Q, so the team is going to decline a $10.5M team option that has well over $10M in surplus value? JFC, your ramblings make zero sense.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

The fan base despises Q, so the team is going to decline a $10.5M team option that has well over $10M in surplus value? JFC, your ramblings make zero sense.  

It doesn't. He's been a roughly 4.25 ERA guy for them. That is a#4/5. He's being paid market value for what he is now. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

It doesn't. He's been a roughly 4.25 ERA guy for them. That is a#4/5. He's being paid market value for what he is now. 

He had a 3.93 ERA with the Cubs.  Please, at least look shit up before just throwing it out there.  Jose Quintana would get paid alot of money if he were a FA right now.  The $10.5M option is going to be one of the easiest no brainer team options of the offseason next November.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

He had a 3.93 ERA with the Cubs.  Please, at least look shit up before just throwing it out there.  Jose Quintana would get paid alot of money if he were a FA right now.  The $10.5M option is going to be one of the easiest no brainer team options of the offseason next November.  

Last year he was a 4.25. I had him on my fantasy team. I know. 

I also had him in 2017, and I know he was decent down the stretch for them. He's not the same guy. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Last year he was a 4.25. I had him on my fantasy team. I know. 

I also had him in 2017, and I know he was decent down the stretch for them. He's not the same guy. 

No, actually he wasn't.  I looked it up.  I know.

Here is a link for your education:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/q/quintjo01.shtml

• Like 1

Listen, I'd be really excited if they got either Harper or Machado, but I'm not counting on it. 

I don't think that it is realistic. I wish everyone was a lot more grounded. 

I'm done discussing this. Let's agree to disagree. I'll still post when there is news. 

I have an unpopular opinion and I can take the heat. 

You guys say that I'm a Negative Nancy, and I think most are unicorns farting rainbows. 

The truth is somewhere in between. 

If you guys want to silence my posts, ban me. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

No, actually he wasn't.  I looked it up.  I know.

Here is a link for your education:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/q/quintjo01.shtml

Whatever. 4.00. not that big of a difference. Still  #4. 

Quintana had a 1.3 fWAR last year. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=11423&position=P

For comparison sake, 
Lance Lynn had a 2.9 fWAR last year

https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=2520&position=P

Lance Lynn got paid $10M AAV. 

Quintana is on a market value contract. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Listen, I'd be really excited if they got either Harper or Machado, but I'm not counting on it. 

I'm done discussing this. Let's agree to disagree. I'll still post when there is news. 

You guys say that I'm a Negative Nancy, and I think most are unicorns farting rainbows. 

No one is "unicorns farting rainbows."  Some people are optimistic, sure, but most are just happy that the Sox via every freaking national report out there are actually in this thing.  That's just the truth at this point.  You're the one coming up with crazy conspiracy theories.

Edited by Rowand44

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Is this supposed to be a poem?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

No one is "unicorns farting rainbows."  Some people are optimistic, sure, but most are just happy that the Sox via every freaking national report out there are actually in this thing.  That's just the truth at this point.  You're the one coming up with crazy conspiracy theories.

I don't believe anything because it is Boras negotiating through the media. Everything is bullshit short of a consensus saying the guy signed. I don't find anything credible. Talk to me when  the ink is dry. 

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Let;s bet a dollar on those odds you posted. You win I send you $1, I win you send me $40,000.Tine to put you or you know the rest.

I have no idea what $40K even looks like as I don't think I've made that much money in my entire life. Even if I did, there is no way in hell I'd bet it.  I despise gambling unless I have nearly 100% odds of winning. That doesn't exist so I don't gamble. 

Edited by Jack Parkman