Harper to Phillies 13yr/330 mil

Kyyle23

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

I just really want harper to phillies because I have more confidence in being in a bidding war vs. padres.

Totally but I never really believed the Sox would get either without being in some sort of bidding war. They are going to have to earn either guy I just never seen any one of htese two just falling in their lap at a discount. 

8 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I know the media attention shifted heavily towards Machado to the Sox, but it would be pretty funny if Harper signed today and this thread has almost ten times fewer posts than the Machado one.

In november which seemed like 500 years ago when the harper UC image leaked, Harper threads got all the action and nobody bothered with machado. At the time it was near unanimous that harper was preferred too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, South Sider said:

Looks like this thread need some traction. Is it possible a Harper decisions comes before a Machado decison!?

Sure it's possible. Boras does have other unsigned clients. Boras gets a big pay day too when Harper signs and maybe other clients getting a little impatient and thinking Boras might be neglecting them for Harper.

Just looked it up among Boras' other clients : Carlos , Gio and Marwin Gonzalez, Jose Iglesias, Austin Jackson, Dallas Keuchel. Mike Moustakas. Matt Wieters,Carlos Gomez, Martin Maldonado Denard Span.

That's 11 of his clients still unsigned.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Chris Russell of 106.7 The Fan speculates that Bryce Harper may have already decided which team he will play for this year.

The never-ending Bryce Harper free agency saga continues with a couple of fresh rumors out of Philadelphia. Russell reported that his source indicated Harper had been huddled with his agent Scott Boras all week and emerged Friday in a mood to celebrate, presumably because his decision had been made. Russell is a talk show host in Washington, D.C. but was on the air with a Philadelphia radio station when he disclosed his information. Later in the day Bryce Harper commented "suhhhhh kiiiiiiid" on an Instagram post by the Phillies' Rhys Hoskins regarding the start of Phillies' spring training, leading some to speculate that Harper would soon be there too. The Phillies are a top contender for Harper's services, along with the Nationals, White Sox, Padres and Giants.

1 hour ago, drgiggles15 said:

Chris Russell of 106.7 The Fan speculates that Bryce Harper may have already decided which team he will play for this year.

The never-ending Bryce Harper free agency saga continues with a couple of fresh rumors out of Philadelphia. Russell reported that his source indicated Harper had been huddled with his agent Scott Boras all week and emerged Friday in a mood to celebrate, presumably because his decision had been made. Russell is a talk show host in Washington, D.C. but was on the air with a Philadelphia radio station when he disclosed his information. Later in the day Bryce Harper commented "suhhhhh kiiiiiiid" on an Instagram post by the Phillies' Rhys Hoskins regarding the start of Phillies' spring training, leading some to speculate that Harper would soon be there too. The Phillies are a top contender for Harper's services, along with the Nationals, White Sox, Padres and Giants.

NESN via USA Today on Above:

It’s worth noting that Russell originally reported that Harper would announce his decision Friday, so his report obviously needs to be taken with a grain of salt. He also said that ironing out contract details likely is the reason for the holdup.

So, where will Harper end up?

“I don’t think it’s going to be the Nationals. I think it’s going to be the San Francisco Giants. But, that is not, that is not — by any means — a, like, I know that for a fact. So, I want to caution everybody because I know how this works.”

Round and round we go.

What does the Fortune Teller say?

https://nesn.com/2019/02/bryce-harper-rumors-star-free-agent-finally-has-made-his-decision/

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Harper Latest: Smoke around the Phightin Phils